Ylang-ylang is a dicotyledonous plant of the Annonov family. It is used in cosmetics, perfumes, aromatherapy. Moreover, in Indonesia, no religious rite, wedding ceremony can not do without the flowers of ylang-ylang.
Essential oil ylang-ylang is obtained by distilling with water vapor yellow flowers of the plant. It has a flower-sweetish intoxicating aroma that resembles the smell of jasmine.
Application of ylang-ylang oil
Ylang-ylang oil is actively used for massage, aromatherapy, perfumes and cosmetics.
Ylang-ylang oil for hair
Since ancient times, women have been making hair masks, mixing coconut oil and ylang-ylang oil. Modern women also fully appreciated its useful properties for hair. Ylang-ylang oil is universal and helps to solve various problems with hair. It is used to eliminate dryness or fatness of the scalp, to strengthen hair, to combat loss and split ends.
Thanks to the tonic and antiseptic properties of the oil, its use in hair care makes it possible to cleanse the skin from various foci of infection, improve the circulation of blood in the scalp.
For preventive purposes, add two to three drops of oil in shampoo before washing the head, mix thoroughly and apply to the hair. This procedure should be done no more than twice a week, otherwise you can trigger allergic skin reactions. Its regular execution will strengthen the hair and prevent brittleness.
Ylang-ylang oil for face
Ylang-ylang oil can be used to care for all kinds of face skin.
With oily skin, oil helps prevent excessive secretion of sebum, narrows the dilated pores. In addition, it helps to get rid of acne, which makes it an effective tool for caring for problem skin of the face.
Dry skin, ylang-ylang oil softens and moisturizes, prevents wilting, gives the skin smoothness and tenderness.
Oil of ylang-ylang eliminates itching, redness, peeling and other troubles peculiar to sensitive skin.
It must be remembered that the use of essential oils for the face in a pure form is unacceptable. It should be added to ready-made cosmetics (which is not recommended in view of their active chemical composition) or basic natural oils suitable for your skin type.
For one application, a couple of drops of ylang-ylang oil will suffice.
Useful properties of ylang-ylang oil
- oil ylang-ylang has an anti-depressive and psycho-emotional effect on the human body;
- thanks to a pronounced relaxing and soothing effect, reduces stress and tension;
- helps with insomnia, anxiety, fatigue;
- effective for skin diseases, high blood pressure;
- has an antiseptic effect, normalizes the menstrual cycle;
- the smell of ylang-ylang massage oil sets on a serene fret, stimulates creativity and intuition;
- the oil of the ylang-ylang plant has an antisclerotic and anticonvulsant effect;
- etheric oil ylang-ylang are inherent and adaptogenic properties. It is an aphrodisiac, that is, it affects the increase of sexual desire. In Indonesia, there is a tradition to cover the wedding bed with the petals of this flower.
How to use ylang-ylang oil?
It should be remembered that ylang ylang oil has a very rich flavor and can cause dizziness and headaches, so at the initial stage it should be used in small doses.