The homeland of business cards is Europe. In the 17th century, they were used by members of the royal family to inform their vassals about the forthcoming visit; in the 19th century they congratulated their business cards on holidays, thanked, expressed their desire to get acquainted and apologized for the failed visit. Today, business cards are a repository of business ties. Their presence is no surprise, so you need to try to make sure that the calling card makes you want to contact its owner.
Types of business cards
Start talking about business cards is a description of their types, as the design suitable for one type is completely unacceptable for another. So, there are the following types of business cards.
- Personal business card. Recently, such cards have become popular among representatives of creative professions and youth. To create such a business card, you do not need a sample - you can write (draw) anything, anything, there are no strict requirements here. On personal business cards, positions and regalia are inappropriate, because these cards are needed to remind you of a man or new friends.
- Business card. Here everything is much stricter, because this is a mini-presentation of you as a professional. Therefore, on such a business card should be information about your position, profession and contacts - working and cell phones, corporate email address and website address. Compliance with the corporate style of the company is mandatory here.
- Corporate business card . Here you can distinguish two types - business card with information about the company or a card for employees of the company in a unified style.
Also it is possible to single out bilateral and one-sided business cards. The first with information in two languages gradually give up their positions. Not everyone likes to turn a business card in search of the right language. Therefore it is better to make two cards - for domestic and foreign partners. Two-sided cards are justified only if both sides contain useful information in one language.
How to make a business card?
Of course, the design and creation of a business card is better to entrust to professionals, but sometimes you really want to attach your hands to the process. In this case, remember the following rules.
- If you are not the only one of its kind (an impeccable supermodel, a lawyer with a queue of clients a year ahead, an accountant who runs all the headhunters of the city), then it's worthwhile to make sure that your business card was memorable, and not just your name and contacts under the line. Experiment with colors, font, and form. Some confectionery companies make their business cards in the form of small cookies, and the merchant of paper bags made business cards in the form of bags with handles.
- Choose high-quality paper for your business cards, but do not just stop on it. It is with the help of the invoice that you can make your business cards unforgettable. There are examples of business cards on the skin and transparent plastic for people engaged in sales of leather and glass products, respectively.
- Do not even think to print out your business cards on an inkjet printer - a small enough increase in humidity and ink will instantly blur.
- If you are doing a business card, do not forget about the logo. Although for a business card to come up with a memorable drawing will not hurt.
- Business card templates are available in Microsoft Word, but it's better to use Corel Draw. Because it is much easier to "play" with the size and color of the text, the location of the logo, as well as various effects that can make your business card original.
- If the fantasy refuses to give you interesting ideas, take as a sample any favorite business card and rework it for you. In no case do not make a business card "that was" - only the forces should be wasted, and your card will be in the trash after five minutes.
A business card is your face, and in your hands make it the most attractive for potential customers and new acquaintances.