Dubai is a very popular place for tourists. They go here to relax, as well as for new impressions, because in Dubai, sights are met almost at every step. In general, we can say that most of the UAE's sights are in Dubai.
So, let's find out what to look in Dubai first.
Those who are going to visit the city in transit, are interested in what you can see in Dubai for 1 day. If there is really no time to visit the city of Dubai and its sights, you need to get in a car and go by the highway named after Sheikh Zayd .
This road passes practically through the whole city (its length is 55 km), along it are 4 famous Dubai shopping centers (including Mall of the Emirates, which itself is a Dubai landmark, and in it, among other things, there is a ski resort Ski Dubai ) and 7 famous skyscrapers, including the Burj Khalifa , the tallest building in the world.
By the way, this skyscraper - exactly what should be seen at night in Dubai, or rather - where should one look at Dubai at night. On the 124th floor of the Tower of Caliph there is the highest observation deck, from where you can see a stunning view of Dubai and neighboring cities. The tower of Khalifa, which today is one of the symbols of the city, was immediately named after the opening "a modern tower of Babel". This skyscraper got into the Guinness Book of Records, not only because of the height of 828 m and 163 floors, but also because there are 65 high-speed elevators that can instantly deliver visitors to the highest restaurant on 122nd floor, the highest nightclub on 144 floor and the highest mosque on the 158th floor. In addition, at night you can go to the Dubai Marina area and take a stroll along the waterfront.
A few days
What to see in Dubai in 3 days? Of course, this time too is not enough to get acquainted with the city in detail, but it will be quite enough to see the best sights of Dubai.
Perhaps, in Dubai, the main attractions are:
- Mosque of Jumeirah . It dominates the central part of the city and is interesting for its architecture, especially attracting attention is the huge high dome and two minarets. Unlike other mosques in the UAE , mosques may not be visited by Muslims. This can be done on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays as a group of tourists. During the tour, the guide will tell you about the meaning of the Muslim prayer and about the process of communication of the Muslim with Allah. By the way, the image of the mosque is decorated with a banknote of 500 dirhams.
- Palm Jumeirah . This unbelievable and beautiful man-made island is also considered one of the main attractions of Dubai. It got its name because from the air it looks like a huge palm tree. Palm Jumeirah is considered the "eighth wonder of the world", and it is not surprising, because there is no analogue of this Dubai sight in the whole world. The structure itself reaches 5 km in diameter: the "trunk" of the palm tree and 17 "leaves" are dotted with various buildings, ranging from hotel chains to individual residential areas. At the "Palm" you can find everything you need for a luxurious holiday : numerous parks, expensive restaurants, shopping and entertainment centers, chic beaches .
- Amazing hotels . In the heart of Palm Jumeirah is located 6 * hotel Atlantis (Atlantis). Its total area is 46 hectares. The hotel has 1539 rooms, 16 restaurants and bars, a two-storey spa, swimming pools, etc. A special "highlight" of the hotel is an artificial ecosystem, including a modern training center for DolphinBay dolphins . However, to date, Atlantis - not the most luxurious hotel in Dubai: the "laurels" belong to the 7 * Hotel Parus (Burj-el-Arab). He stands on an artificial island 270 m from the shore. Both hotels are on the list of things to see in Dubai for free.
- Singing fountain . Tourists who have already visited Dubai, agree that this landmark is a must-see. The height of the jets of the fountain reaches 150 m, which is equivalent to the height of a 50-storey house. Especially a lot of visitors here in the evening, when the fountain is illuminated by 50 huge color searchlights and 6000 lamps. Thousands of spectators are fascinated watching the unusual dance of the fountain, accompanied by beautiful music. This spectacle can be enjoyed the whole evening, because the fountain has a "large arsenal" of prepared water dances for a variety of compositions.
What else can (and need to!) Look in Dubai on their own - these are the markets. There are a lot of them, and at least a couple need to visit necessarily. Attention:
- Al-Karama bitches , which became cult after the release of the film "Sex and the City-2";
- textile ;
- The gold market in Nasser Square in the heart of Deira;
- market of spices .
Vacation with children
What to see in Dubai with children? There are many things that will be of interest to small tourists:
- The oceanarium , which is listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the largest in the world. Aquarium of the largest size with a tunnel for visitors inside holds about 10 million liters of water. It is inhabited by more than 33 thousand marine animals. The aquarium is unique also because animals can not only admire or take pictures, but also swim with them. It is located in one of the largest shopping and entertainment centers - Dubai Mall .
- Legoland . This is a theme park, where there are about 40 rides and 6 playgrounds where you can visit the LEGO plant or watch the show, as well as independently assemble a racing car or robot, and even get a Legoland driving license. In addition, there is an aqua zone.
- Water parks . There are several in Dubai. The most popular are:
- Aquaventure is one of the most extreme water parks in the world. It is located in the resort of Atlantis The Palm;
- Wild Wadi Waterpark is the oldest in Dubai. It was opened in 1999. The main attraction of the park is Jumeirah Sceirah, where the visitor makes a "walk" through the pipe in 120 m at a speed of 80 km / h;
- The Beach Water Park, located in Dubai Marina. There is a special area for the youngest children;
- Dreamland - the largest water park in Dubai, its area is 250 thousand square meters. In addition to a water park , it includes an amusement park and two nature parks;
- Wonderland Water Park is close to the city center. It covers an area of 180 thousand square meters. m and offers its guests more than 30 attractions.
- Dubai zoo , the oldest in the whole Arabian Peninsula. It covers an area of 2 hectares and is home to 230 species of animals and 400 species of reptiles. By the way, now in Dubai is built another zoo, much larger in size - its area will be 450 hectares.
Dubai is constantly evolving. Speaking about its features, it is impossible not to mention the new attractions of Dubai - those that are only in the project today. First of all it is necessary to note the man-made island of Bluewaters Island, which should appear on the city map in the first quarter of 2018. It will be located not far from Dubai Marina, half a kilometer from the Jumeirah Beach Residence. It is planned that the island will become one of the most popular tourist sites. Among other things, the world's largest observation wheel will be installed here.
And at the end of 2017 Dubai will acquire such sights as the man-made islands of Deira Islands. The archipelago will include 4 islands, which will host hotels, residential real estate, a shopping center and a comfortable embankment. Also in 2017 there will be a Museum of the Future, whose task will be to support all sorts of innovations and inventions.