During repair, special attention is paid to the floor in the hallway, as this room is the most difficult place to use. For this room there are different materials that have their advantages and disadvantages. Do not forget about the carpet.
What floor to make in the hallway?
The most frequently visited place in an apartment or house is an entrance hall. The design of the floor in the corridor is important to select based on existing requirements. Do not forget that here from the shoe remains a lot of dirt with a lot of abrasive particles that can ruin the coating. There is a certain list of requirements that are put forward for finishing the hall:
- external attractiveness;
- high wear resistance and strength;
- excellent moisture resistance;
- confront different detergents;
- the surface must repel dirt well;
- environmental friendliness.
Floor tiles on the floor
One of the most comfortable finishing materials is tile , as the floor should be resistant to mechanical and chemical damage. To understand whether tile flooring fits in the design of the hallway, the existing advantages should be assessed:
- With normal care, the coating will last a long time.
- Keep the tile clean simply, for which you can use a wide range of detergents.
- The tile is moisture-resistant, wear-resistant and hygienic material.
- The floor in the hallway can be monophonic, with a pattern and different texture, because the range of floor tiles is very wide.
It is impossible not to take into account the existing shortcomings of the tile:
- The material is cold, that is, in winter it is not barefoot in it, and in the corridor it can be cool.
- The tile is fragile and if it falls, something heavy, there is a possibility that a crack or other damage may appear.
- In large hallways tiles can make the room too strict and similar to the lobby of government institutions. In this situation, you need to combine different materials.
The floor in the corridor
A perfect modern solution for floor finishing in the hallway - self-leveling floors that are able to sustain serious loads for a long time. Many believe that the main drawback of this option is a high price, but this is a subjective negative. Another problem can arise if you need a complete dismantling of the coating. The floor in the corridor has such advantages:
- Excellent strength and high wear resistance ensure a long service life.
- Polymer floors do not attract dust, so the necessary care can be limited to sweeping.
- External appeal and the ability to decorate with a pattern in 3D. The effect is stunning.
- At any time, you can repair the floor covering, fill a new layer on top of the old one.
- The coating is environmentally friendly and safe.
Flooring in the hallway parquet
Call this option is not popular, because the lacquer surface is quickly wiped with abrasives, it can turn yellow with detergents, and even the parquet is severely scratched and is afraid of moisture. In addition, the design of the floor in the hallway with wooden panels is an expensive pleasure, and it is also necessary to level the surface and cover it with a moisture-proof plywood. The advantages of this option include an attractive appearance, good strength and durability.
Floors in the corridor from the laminate
This option is a budget alternative to a parquet, and the laminate can imitate not only a tree , but also a tile or a stone. Determining which floor is best in the hallway, it is worth pointing out that you should choose a moisture-resistant material and necessarily treat the joints by impregnation. When choosing, pay attention to the laminate class , giving preference to 31 and 32. Specialists recommend combining the laminate with other durable coatings. Advantages of laminate include:
- ease of installation;
- good strength;
- good wear resistance;
- an acceptable price.
Flooring in the corridor linoleum
This is the most popular material for finishing the floor in the hallway. It is moisture resistant, durable, easy to clean and affordable. It should be noted and the availability of a wide range of colors and patterns, so you can choose an option for any design. Finding out which are better to choose the floors in the corridor, we will analyze the types of linoleum:
- Synthetic. The most common variant, presented in the widest range and at an affordable price. It is important to understand that during operation, black stripes from shoes and dents on the surface from heels and heavy furniture will appear.
- Natural. It is an eco-friendly material that is made from wood chips, resin, chalk and flax. It is durable and has antibacterial and fireproof properties. The price in comparison with the first option is higher, and the installation process is more labor-intensive.
- Piece. Vinyl tiles have the same properties as synthetic linoleum. Another significant advantage - individual squares can be used to create the original pattern, and to replace the damaged element is much easier.
Combined floor in the hallway
The original solution for floor finishing will be the combination of different materials, which must be combined and have good operational properties. If you are interested in what floor to make in the corridor, you should pay attention to the combined version, which can combine, for example, laminate and tiles. The combination of different materials makes the room not only beautiful, but also practical. In most cases, the tiles are laid near the door, where the floor is most affected.
What is better to put on the floor in the hallway?
After the finish is finished, you need to take care of the coating. Get a rug that is placed near the door and it should well retain moisture and dirt. In addition, you can use a track that will add coziness. Pay attention to the color and if the hallway with a dark floor, then choose mats of light or bright color. There are special coatings that have excellent characteristics, important for the hallway.
Mat on the floor in the hallway
Products woven from fibers of vegetable or artificial origin, called a mat. The second option is more practical, well resists the effects of moisture, and look attractive. In a large or small hallway floor can be covered with a mat that has such advantages:
- eco-friendly material that does not cause allergies;
- perfectly holds the form;
- has good heat and sound insulation properties;
- does not store static electricity;
- is durable;
- is presented in a wide range;
- the ability to make to order.
Thinking about what to cover the floor in the hallway, you should evaluate the existing shortcomings of the presented option:
- high price;
- the roll materials will have to handle the edges;
- It is important to regularly care for the rug, using special means.
Carpet for the floor in the hallway
There are several types of door mats and the most popular are such options:
- Pile mats have attractive appearance, good absorbency and different design options. They create coziness and warmth in the room. In bad weather nap rugs need drying.
- Bamboo mats on the floor in the hallway - the perfect solution for the oriental and eco-style. It is important to consider that they miss dirt and moisture and need dry cleaning or enhanced wet cleaning.
- Rubber mats are durable and wear-resistant. They do not collapse from moisture and do not retain it, they are well cleaned and do not slip on the surface. Rubber mats have an unattractive design.
- Mats of foamed materials are practical and will last up to five years. It is worth noting strength, resistance to rot and excellent anti-slip properties.
Path to the floor in the hallway
For each room you can pick up your carpeting and to choose an option for the hallway, pay attention to such features:
- The path should well retain dust and moisture, not spreading it to other rooms.
- Choose options with moisture-repellent impregnation and protection from dirt. Thinking about what to choose on the floor in the hallway, note that the coating should be resistant to wear.
- The tracks have a different design, so you need to take into account the chosen style of decorating the room.
- The path on the floor in the hallway can serve as a connecting link between the two rooms, creating a holistic design.
Floor lighting in the corridor
Want to add originality to the room, then think about installing the backlight. Before choosing a lighting option, it is important to familiarize yourself with the requirements:
- Fixtures should be protected from moisture, so consider the presence of a sealed shell
- The design of the floor in the corridor will complement the lighting, but for this you should only choose lamps that are protected from damage.
- For a comfortable environment, remember that the light should not be too bright.
- It is recommended to choose energy-saving lamps, for example, LED lamps.
Thanks to modern technologies, a wide range of luminaires is available on the market, which can be used to decorate the floor in the hallway. The most popular variants are: spotlights installed at the same distance, neon lamps, flexible neon, LED stripes, light field and LED duralight. Each option has its own characteristics, and the choice should be made from your own preferences.
Warm floor in the hallway
Thinking about installing a warm floor, it is necessary to take into account the existing advantages: it is a protection from drafts from the entrance door and dampness in the room, and also performs a quick drying of shoes. If you choose tile on the floor in the hallway, then the insulation will be appropriate. There are several options for warm floors:
- Water. The system consists of flexible plastic pipes, through which hot water circulates. Thanks to the thermostat, it is possible to adjust the temperature. The advantages include the absence of electromagnetic radiation and a low price. This version has the simplest installation.
- Electric. For the floor in the hallway, this option is also suitable, for which an electric cable with a temperature regulator is mounted in the floor. It is best suited for tiling. Please note that the cost of electricity will be significant.
- Heating mats. This option consists of a network on which the cable with the required pitch is located. When installing, it is important to consider that the cable loops should not touch and intersect with each other. Do not place heavy objects on heating mats.
- Film. The system operates on the basis of infrared radiation, and it includes thermo film with conductive, regulator, insulation and temperature sensor. For this option there is no need for a floor screed and the cost of electricity will be small. If one band breaks, others will work without problems.