Serious damage to the skin and soft tissues often heal, leaving behind scars. In such cases, it is advisable to use drugs that promote cell regeneration and improve metabolic processes. Methyluracil is part of a group of drugs that accelerate tissue repair. It is used in all medical fields and cosmetology.
Methyluracil Ointment - Composition
This form of the drug is recommended for topical application to the skin and mucous membranes. Ointment Metiluratsil contains few components, so it rarely causes allergic reactions and is well tolerated. In 1 g of the drug contains 100 mg of the same active substance. Auxiliary Ingredients:
- white soft paraffin, purified for medical purposes;
What helps methyluracil ointment?
The spectrum of the regions in which the present drug is used is very extensive. This is due to the chemical properties of the active component of the ointment. Methyluracil produces the following effects when applied topically:
- accelerates the mechanisms of cellular reaction;
- promotes rapid healing of damage;
- activates the formation of leukocytes and erythrocytes;
- stimulates tissue and cellular protective factors;
- reduces sensitivity to radiation;
- prevents tissue scarring and scar formation;
- it stops inflammation;
- intensifies the growth of muscle mass;
- supports local immunity.
Methyluracil - indications for use:
- radiation, thermal, chemical burns ;
- poor healing and deep wounds;
- pressure sores ;
- irradiation of neoplasms with low radiosensitivity;
- late occlusions of the vagina;
- furuncles ;
- acne ;
- inflammatory processes of the nasal sinuses;
- forming scars and scars.
Methyluracil ointment in gynecology
This medication is often prescribed to women immediately after birth, especially if they have been difficult. Methyluracil ointment is used for the healing of microcracks, serious ruptures and stimulation of the fusion of sutures in the perineum or the mucous membrane of the vagina. The drug helps to accelerate the restoration of tissue integrity, prevents dryness and irritation, prevents the formation of scars. There are 2 options for using methyluracil ointment in the postpartum period:
- Outer, with damage to the perineum. It is necessary to thoroughly wash with hypoallergenic soap, treat seams and wounds with any antiseptic solution (furacilin, hydrogen peroxide). After drying the skin with a clean soft cloth, squeeze a little ointment onto a sterile gauze or bandage, apply a compress to the lesions. Depending on the volume and number of wounds and ruptures, the dressing changes every 2-5 hours.
- Internally, with damage to the mucous membranes of the vagina. Before using methyluracil ointment, you need to wash yourself and make douching with a mild antiseptic. After this, you can treat the vagina with the drug using a finger, previously disinfected, or squeeze a little medicine onto the swab and gently enter it. The procedure is repeated 2-3 times a day for 4-7 days.
Another point, for which the ointment is used Metilitacil in gynecology - the postoperative period. The active substance helps to heal the damage and prevents the formation of scar tissue. After the removal of tumors and radiation therapy, the drug ensures the prevention of radio-epithelial and late contractions of the vaginal walls, increases the production of red blood cells and leukocytes.
Methyluracil ointment in cosmetology
The presence of paraffin in the composition of this medication is not very favorable for the skin condition, but with proper use of negative effects it can be avoided. Methyluracil - indications in the cosmetology sphere:
- wrinkles ;
- dryness, peeling and severe cracking of the lips;
- acne disease;
- long-term healing minor lesions on the skin;
- formation of scars.
Methyluracil 10% ointment promotes tissue healing and accelerates the regeneration of cells. Because of this, it can be used to rejuvenate the skin, smoothing small, only piling wrinkles. Restoring abilities of the drug help to cope with the cracking of the lips, especially if the problem is chronic. In the presence of wounds and abrasions with the risk of scars, ointment Metiluratsil not only speeds up healing, but also prevents hyperpigmentation of damaged areas, the formation of scars.
In the case of acne or acne, the agent in question is rarely used in the classical version. More often dermatologists and cosmetologists prescribe a methyluracil ointment with miramistin. An additional component in the composition enhances the anti-inflammatory effect of the drug and has a pronounced antiseptic effect, has some antibacterial properties.
Methyluracil ointment in dentistry
This medical field includes various surgical interventions on the mucous membranes of the oral cavity. Methyluracil ointment is effective for any mechanical damage in dentistry. Often it is prescribed after operations on the gums, extraction of teeth and other traumatic procedures. Another, from which helps Metiluratsil, is stomatitis. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory effect, abnormal processes in the mucous membranes are suppressed, and the regenerative abilities of the drug provide accelerated healing of the gums, stopping bleeding.
Methyluracil ointment - side effects
The described drug is well tolerated by most people, the problems listed below arise in exceptional cases. Methyluracil ointment - side effects:
- short-term burning in the place of application;
- skin rashes of an allergic nature;
- redness of the epidermis or mucous membranes;
- skin irritation.
Methyluracil ointment - contraindications
In the presence of any allergic reactions to the ingredients of the drug, its use is prohibited. Do not use methyluracil ointment for young children. It can provoke a negative response of the immune system in the form of symptoms of hypersensitivity - skin rashes, swelling and redness. Especially not recommended methyluracil ointment for infants, it is allowed to use only at the age of 3 years.
- excessive granulation in the wound;
- acute, chronic leukemia, especially myeloid;
- malignant tumors of bone marrow;
- skin rashes at the site of application.
Ointment methyluracil - use
The effect of using the given medication depends on the correctness of its application. It is desirable that the doctor appointed Metiluratsil, the use of this ointment as self-medication can trigger negative side reactions. Damage treatment by this agent is carried out several times a day for 2-15 days, in accordance with the localization of wounds, their depth and tendency to scarring
Methyluracil in gynecology
We have already described the main situations in which women are recommended for the drug in question and the methods of using it. Methyluracil ointment in gynecology is used in other cases. In the period of gestation, many expectant mothers face light inflammatory processes in the vagina, cervical erosion, cracking of the nipples. Methyluracil ointment during pregnancy is used in all of the listed variants:
- Internal introduction. For the treatment of inflammation, erosion and other damage to the mucous membranes of the vagina, the use of tampons (1-1.5 cm) with a small amount of ointment at the tip is recommended. They need to be administered 2-3 times a day for 3-4 hours.
- External application. In the presence of cracks in the nipples, vaginal damage and similar external problems, it is better to apply bandages with methyluracil ointment. About 1-2 cm of the medication is squeezed out onto a sterile piece of bandage or gauze and applied to the wound. Such bandages change every 5-6 hours.
Methyluracil in hemorrhoids
Diseases of the rectum are associated with inflammation and bleeding, often the damage to the anal veins is accompanied by a crack. Methyluracil ointment is excellent in restoring the integrity of the mucous membranes and stopping the pathological processes, not yielding to the effectiveness of special rectal suppositories. In addition, the drug stops pain and slightly facilitates defecation. Methyluracil ointment with hemorrhoids can be used in 2 ways:
- Outwardly. On the gauze or sterile bandage squeeze 3-5 cm of funds, attach to the "bumps". Change the bandage every 5-6 hours.
- Internally. Using a syringe without a needle or a small syringe, inject 2-4 cm of medication into the rectum. Repeat in the morning and evening.
Methyluracil ointment in the nose
There are otolaryngological diseases, which are combined with strong dryness of the mucous membranes of the nostrils, the formation of dense crusts and ruptures of small blood vessels. In such cases, the doctor is prescribed methyluracil ointment, the application is very simple - 2-4 times a day to process the nasal passages from the inside with a small amount of medication. It will help soften the crusts, facilitate their departure and accelerate the healing of lesions, relieve inflammation.
Methyluracil ointment for stomatitis
The presented remedy is prescribed only in the aphthous and traumatic form of this pathology. Methyluracil with stomatitis quickly stops painful sensations, inflammatory processes and helps healing of gum tissue. In addition, the drug has a weak antimicrobial effect. Methyluracil ointment is applied 3 times a day, half an hour before a meal, a very thin layer on the affected areas. Duration of treatment is determined by the dentist, it can be from 15 days to 1 month.
Methyluracil ointment from wrinkles
For the purpose of rejuvenating the described product, cosmetologists are rarely recommended. Methyluracil ointment for the face can slightly smooth out thin, and only piling wrinkles, at the earliest stage of their appearance. From deep folds and with a strongly lowered oval, the medication does not produce the expected effect. Method of application - applying the drug in a very thin layer on the problem areas before bed. The skin should be thoroughly cleaned and dried.
Methyluracil ointment from acne
This drug has too little anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action to be used against acne as a therapeutic. Methyluracil from acne is prescribed as part of complex therapy. The medication provides regeneration of the skin and accelerates the healing of wounds that are formed after opening or squeezing out abscesses. Methyluracil ointment is applied 2 times a day according to the following scheme:
- It is good to cleanse the skin.
- Treat the affected area with an antiseptic solution.
- Dry the epidermis with a soft towel or napkin.
- Apply a thin layer of ointment to the areas with rashes.
- After half an hour remove the excess drug.
- Before going to bed, you can not wash off the medicine.
Methyluracil ointment from scars
The presented medicine copes with any forms of the problem under consideration. Methyluracil ointment from scars is used both in medicine and in cosmetology, especially in the presence of post-acne and hyperpigmentation of the skin. The medication can be applied to both fresh and old scars. Method of application - apply the product to areas with scars 2 times a day with a thin layer. The skin should be clean and dry.
Methyluracil ointment - analogues
The drug is rarely sought replacement, because it is well tolerated, rarely causes adverse reactions and is very cheap. While there are no medications that accurately repeat the composition of Methyluracil (ointment), the analogs are generics of the drug. These are similar in effect to the effect of the agent, but with other active substances. Methyluracil 10% ointment is replaced with the following drugs:
- Echinacecine Madaus;