Tourists who decide to visit an interesting country in Slovenia will be able not only to get acquainted with its cultural, architectural and natural attractions , but also to spend time shopping. In this regard, Slovenia is not inferior to any European countries, there are a lot of goods here, and prices are slightly lower than in other European countries.
Features of shopping in Slovenia
Travelers who are going to do shopping, in the first place should pay attention to the Slovenian capital Ljubljana . It is here that many shopping centers are located, offering products of world famous brands. Before you go shopping, it is worth taking into account certain points, which are as follows:
- In Ljubljana, it is very difficult to identify an area in which the main places are concentrated, interesting from the point of view of shopping . Shopping centers and shops are scattered all over the city. At the same time, their greatest number is in the northern part of the city.
- Tourists should decide what is their priority when choosing a purchase. The fact is that in Ljubljana shops selling brands with a world-wide name alternate with those with products of local producers. At the same time, the price is significantly different, and in terms of quality and design, they are almost inferior to the products of famous brands.
- It is best to do shopping during the sales period, you can definitely get to them in June and January. And in that, and in another case their beginning is on the second Monday of the month, and their duration reaches from two weeks to a month.
- If holidaymakers want to buy souvenirs, then it's best to do it on Nazareva Street, which is located in the center of Ljubljana. Here you can see the maximum number of goods belonging to the category "hand-made" and produced by local craftsmen. These are decorative figures made of clay and crystal, knitted and woven products.
Shopping centers in Slovenia
Shopping in Slovenia allows you to purchase a variety of products, which include: clothing, cosmetics, perfumes, shoes, jewelry, food. It is most convenient to buy them in large shopping centers, in which a huge range of products is presented and sales are periodically held. The most famous shopping centers located in the Slovenian capital Ljubljana are the following:
- The BTC City shopping center is located in the north-east of Ljubljana in the Nove Jarše area. On its territory are boutiques and shops selling products of world famous brands and local producers. In addition, here you can visit beauty salons, dine in a cafe and buy food in hypermarkets. The center works according to schedule: from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, except Sunday.
- Nama - the department store, which is considered the oldest in the country, has a very good location, in the center of Ljubljana, near the Slon Hote hotel. The first three floors include boutiques, where fashion brands are sold, for example, Vero Moda, De Puta Madre, cosmetics, perfumes, accessories. On the fourth floor you can buy household appliances and household goods. The department store works on schedule: from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, except Sunday.
- The Mercator Shopping Center is home to over 60 shops. The center is very popular with families with children, since there are open and covered play areas. The center operates on schedule: from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm, Sunday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
- Department store Maxi Market - occupies three floors and is one of the oldest malls, the date of its foundation is 1971. In addition to numerous shops and boutiques, the department store has a certain feature: on its territory and you can use free Wi-Fi for two hours. The department store works on schedule: from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, except Sunday.
- Mall City Park is considered to be the largest in the whole of Slovenia. The number of boutiques and shops located in it reaches 120. Also there is a hypermarket, taverns, fast food. You can get to the mall any day, it works without days off.
- Interspar Shopping Center - includes 23 stores selling clothes, shoes, jewelry, toys, as well as a supermarket, the Spar restaurant. On Thursday, the farm's market is on the territory of the center, where fresh homemade products are sold.
- Shoe store Borovo - is a branch of the Croatian shoe chain, it features women's, men's and children's shoes for every taste and purse.
Shopping in Slovenia
In Slovenia you can buy not only clothes and souvenirs, but also bring refined drinks, sweets and all sorts of delicacies. You can recommend to visit such famous stores:
- The wine boutique Vinoteka Movia , which sells wine, champagne, tinctures of the company Movia.
- Chocolate Shop Cukrcek - here are sold sweets handmade, marzipan, chocolate balls Preseren.
- Krasevka store - you can buy delicacies such as Prsut jerky, Refosk cheese, fine wines, brandy, herbal teas, olive oil and other products.