The state of Monaco is a small paradise for its residents and holidaymakers, especially for gourmets. In this beautiful country works a great variety of restaurants - from elite to simple cafes with all the cuisines of the world. Contrary to the existing opinion, it is far from always necessary to leave a fortune for a friendly dinner. In the Principality of Monaco, the best restaurants for comfort and attractiveness are awarded from one to five diamonds.
Most Popular Restaurants
- Restaurant Louis XV (Louis XV) - a favorite institution of wealthy people, the restaurant was awarded two Michelin stars and with its chef, Alain Ducasse, considered one of the best in Monaco for service, has an estimate of five diamonds. On the idea, the restaurant should resemble Versailles, decorated in luxury and crystal. A rich decor accompanies exquisite dishes without unnecessary decorations. Here you can order absolutely everything even in excess of the usual menu of French or Italian cuisine. Toasted pigeon breast with duck liver is one of the crown numbers. A wine list to choose from offers about 400 thousand different wines from the cellar. The restaurant is located in the center of the city on the first floor of one of the best hotels - the Hotel de Paris. Men need a tie and shirt. The range of prices for main dishes from € 70 to € 420. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays the restaurant does not work.
- Restaurant Joel Robushon de Monte-Carlo works in the famous "Metropol", from the windows of which a wonderful view of the sea. The restaurant is also given the sign of five diamonds and two Michelin stars. In the hall allowed about 60 visitors at a time, the rest of the gourmets are on the waiting list. Lovers of modern French cuisine will always be offered a lamb chop, quail in caramel in a gravy of truffles, golden sunflower fillet, as well as many author's dishes. The restaurant has an open kitchen, which always intrigues visitors. The price for main dishes ranges from € 35-95. Make sure to book a table. In July and August, the restaurant opens only for dinner.
- Restaurant Le Grill (Le Grill) - the full owner of one Michelin star, offers you all the delights of Mediterranean cuisine: excellent fish, meat and vegetable compositions. For the most demanding and whimsical visitors there are always a lot of desserts that will lead everyone into indescribable delight. The most famous is the souffle, it does not come out of the menu since 1898. The restaurant is located on the last floor of the already mentioned Hotel de Paris, offering visitors an excellent panoramic view of the city and the sea, which will make your stay in Monaco even more pleasant. Main courses - from € 68. The restaurant serves dinner only.
- Fish restaurant Vistamar (Wistamar) also has one Michelin star and is considered a favorite place of famous European politicians and world stars. From the summer terrace you can enjoy a spectacular view of the sea harbor, and from 25 to 28 September you can watch the popular yacht show from here. The menu is full of all kinds of fish, most of them marine, chef Joel Gaol uniquely combines it with vegetables and other products and will offer you a lot of sauces to choose from. The restaurant operates without days off, but without the armor of the table, the chances of getting inside are not great. The main course will cost you € 55-85, the main dish from the chef - € 130-150.
- Restaurant L'Argentin is a stylish place in the lobby of the Fairmont Hotel on the shores of the Ligurian Sea, with five diamonds and a wonderful view from the window. The restaurant is known for its author's and the best meat fried dishes all over Monaco, Argentine cuisine will surely surprise you. Crown dish - fillet of beef in an acute marinade, served with salsa, guacamole and tortillas in puree from beans. The price of main courses is € 20-45. It is advisable to book a table for a day, a strict dress code, shorts and T-shirts are prohibited.
- The restaurant Le Café de Paris is awarded with four diamonds, it recreates the warm atmosphere of the old Monaco of the early twentieth century (if you are interested in the history of the old city, we recommend visiting one of the best museums of the Principality - the Museum of Old Monaco . , and the menu of traditional French cuisine is often changed.The most popular dishes are meat in Tatar and roasted perch.The chef constantly experiments with seafood and cocktails.The main dishes cost about € 17-55 .The café works year-round with annego breakfast until late at night.
- Restaurant du Port is famous for its specialization in virtuoso serving of seafood and a sea view of the old port. The institution is not from the class of chic, but charming and soulful. There is a huge selection of meat dishes and snacks, unusual dishes from pasta, a wide range of European wines. We recommend you try the calf fillet in a sauce of white mushrooms and pasta with seafood. The budget of main courses is democratic for the principality - only € 15-30, the restaurant works from lunch and until late dinner.
- The Quai Des Artistes restaurant (in the translation "Artist's Quay") was opened in the port of Hercule in Monte Carlo in 1999. A cozy room, stylized for the Paris bistro and a good kitchen with seasonal products and seafood. Fish soup, beef carpaccio, ravioli with veal, smoked salmon at home is just a small list of what you can be treated. In the restaurant every month there is a seasonal dish, sometimes not one, daily offer business lunches and a special menu to take away. The restaurant seats up to 120 people, it is adjoined by a wide terrace overlooking the yachts and the Princely Palace . The main dishes are in the range of € 22-40, the dishes from the chef - from € 25.
- The Baccarat Restaurant is located next door in the same port of Hercule in Monte Carlo. A cook from Sicily will pamper you with interesting fish dishes, turned and pan-cotta, foie gras and homemade mozzarella, spicy claw of royal crab and many other classic dishes from Italian and French national cuisine. The restaurant is of a high category, but it has a special offer for breakfast and lunch at a cost of € 25. The main dishes cost € 35-65. The restaurant is located on the site of the Grand Prix near the Monte Carlo route , during the race, amateurs are offered to reserve a place on the terrace for € 200, which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. The restaurant is open from lunch until midnight, but even in a non-competitive season it is recommended to book a table.