Rubbing the face with ice cubes is a long-known and very popular cosmetic procedure. It is believed that it tones up the skin, freshens it, slows down the aging process. But there are also opinions that such a procedure can damage the skin and lead to negative consequences. Let's try to figure out whether it is worth wiping the face with ice, and also what benefit and harm can such use of ice bring.
The benefit of wiping your face with ice
- tones up the skin;
- has a slight tightening effect;
- causes narrowing of pores and subcutaneous vessels;
- Helps smooth out fine wrinkles;
- stimulates the activation of metabolic processes in the skin;
- dries oily skin .
How to wipe your face with ice?
To avoid possible harm and to get the maximum benefit out of the procedure, when wiping the face with ice, you must follow certain rules:
- Clean only clean skin after removing makeup. Under the influence of cold pores become narrower, and if the skin is dirty, it can cause the appearance of black spots (blackheads).
- Ice is not used immediately after extraction from the freezer, but should be slightly thawed, since otherwise (at an ice temperature of less than -1), you can get point frostbite.
- Wipe your face with smooth movements, on massage lines, without holding the cube at one point longer than 3-4 seconds and without pressing.
- The face after the procedure is better not to wipe, but wait until it dries on its own, then apply a moisturizer.
- Wiping is carried out 1-2 times a day, long courses, but not recommended in the winter. In addition, 30-40 minutes after the procedure is not recommended to go out (expose the skin to wind, direct sunlight, etc.).
Also, the possible benefits and harms largely depend on the correct preparation of ice for rubbing the face:
- For the preparation of ice, use only filtered or mineral water without gas.
- Do not store the finished ice in the refrigerator for longer than a week and do not allow it to come into contact when stored with food.
- The ice used for wiping should be free of chips and sharp edges, so as not to scratch the skin.
Ice for the face - contraindications
No matter how harmless the procedure, there are a number of contraindications, in which the harm from wiping the face with the ice clearly outweighs the possible benefits:
- acute dermatoses, eczema, purulent eruptions, presence of skin lesions;
- increased body temperature;
- headaches and dental pain;
- thin, excessively sensitive skin.
It is worth noting allergic reactions. Allergy to cold is an absolute contraindication. But also, the allergy is possible when using ice with the addition of juices, fruits and herbal decoctions. To avoid the latter, before using such ice, you need to check the reaction to the plant components in a small area of the skin beforehand.