With some open wounds, a special occlusive dressing is applied, which prevents contact with air and water. Initially, this term was called massive bandage of the necessary space.
Appointment of an occlusive dressing
There are many different options for rewinding the damaged area, depending on the degree of injury and the kind of wound. For example, an occlusive dressing is applied with open cuts of the body surface. It protects the necessary area from friction, shock and the environment. Under the bandage a favorable microclimate is formed, which helps to eliminate chemical damage, prevents significant loss of moisture and maintains the desired temperature. A sterile tissue of gauze or foam is placed directly on top of the wound. This makes it possible to remove most of the bacteria, toxins and excess fluid release. It also protects against the subsequent ingestion of microorganisms to the affected area and performs preventive functions.
With gunshot or stabbing wounds of the chest directly on the wound, an occlusive dressing is applied, which can be created from a sterile individual package. It allows you to close access to the air for injury and lungs - this will instantly ease a person's condition. If you do not have the right sterile materials, thin polyethylene (food film), sticking plaster or rubberized cloth will help to protect the damaged area. All this from above must be fixed tightly with a bandage.
After the application of the occlusive dressing, it is important to check its effectiveness in the treatment of the thoracic trauma . With any movement of a wounded person, it must be in its original place and do not change its own geometry. In addition, it must necessarily be dry. Otherwise, we can safely say about the breach of tightness.
If the use of an occlusive dressing in any trauma only led to a deterioration in the condition of a person, it is necessary to change it to an aseptic one. Usually these are cotton swabs and gauze bandages moistened with antiseptic . Only it is necessary to control the force of rewinding with a bandage, so as not to overdo it.
With some head injuries, it becomes necessary to apply an occlusive dressing to the eye - it is intended to protect the eyes from bacteria, fungi and viruses. In addition, it will provide peace, what is necessary for trauma. Any visually clean fabric can be used as a material. Only at first the affected area is closed with a sterile napkin or folded several times with a bandage.
Rules for the imposition of an occlusive dressing
In order for the defender to fully perform the prescribed functions, it is necessary to provide for several basic rules:
- The adjacent zone must be treated with a 3% iodine solution. This will avoid the traumatic shock that occurs when a bacterial infection occurs.
- The surface around the damaged area is smeared with petroleum jelly to minimize the possibility of air entering the wound.
- The dressing should not be more than five hours in one place, otherwise there may be swelling.
- On the open wound under the occlusive dressing, a sterile tissue is applied.
- The area of impermeable material must be greater than the first layer.
- The dressing is glued with adhesive tape or any other adhesive tape to ensure complete tightness.
- Polyethylene, which covers all layers on top, is fixed with bandage.
- Before removing the sterile wipes, the skin is smeared with a medicine.