Vegetable components have been used in folk medicine and cosmetology since ancient times. Over time, their effectiveness has been proven through numerous experiments. Sage oil is a unique product that you can get yourself and buy in ready-made form.
How to make oil from sage?
Get a unique tool at home in two ways:
- Prolonged method . Take a clean container and fill it with sage leaves, which should be crushed. Pour olive oil there to completely cover the plant. To get the oil from the sage, place the container for 14 days in a place where there is no sunlight. Periodically shake the container and add oil if necessary. After the allotted time, strain and store in a dark container with a lid.
- Fast method . Mashed leaves of sage fill with oil and place on a steam bath and heat. To prevent condensation from entering the oil, cover the jar with a tissue, and then just close the lid. Make sure that the temperature does not rise above 50 ° C. Warm up the oil for 4 hours.
Sage Oil - Properties and Applications
In the composition of essential oil there are about 20 useful substances, for example, alkaloids, acids, zedren, natural antibiotic salvin and others. The oil of medicinal sage has the following properties:
- It has an antifungal effect, so with it you can stop the growth of infections and protect yourself from many diseases.
- It is a powerful antioxidant, as it actively combats free radicals, which contributes to inhibition of aging processes.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect, so oil helps with skin redness, stomach problems and inflammation associated with fever.
- Has an antispasmodic effect, so it is recommended to use sage for muscle pains , coughing and cramps.
- Used as an antibacterial agent, so it is useful to use to combat bacterial infections.
- It stimulates the release of bile, helping to improve the activity of the entire digestive system.
- Promotes the purification of blood, removing toxins from the body.
- It is a powerful antipyretic agent, therefore it is recommended to use it with insignificant temperature increases.
Sage oil in gynecology
The plant contains phytohormones, which stimulate the sexual glands. Sage oil for women is useful in that it has a strong effect on the reproductive system, normalizes the hormonal background and menstrual cycle. Useful are aromatic baths, for which 6-7 drops are added to the water. You can also mix the base oil with ether in the amount of 1 drop per 1 ml. Rub the mixture into the abdomen and lower back.
Sage oil for bronchitis
The plant has a disinfecting, anti-inflammatory and healing effect. With bronchial diseases it is recommended to perform inhalations, which already after the first procedure give a good result. It is important to know how to use sage oil correctly:
- Bring to a boil a liter of water, allow it to cool slightly and add a couple drops of ether.
- After that, cover your head with a towel and breathe over the aromatic vapors. For bronchial diseases, you need to inhale the vapors with your mouth and exhale through your nose.
- The duration of the procedure is 10-15 minutes. For treatment the course should include 5-15 sessions and it is necessary to be guided by the state of health.
Sage oil from the throat
The plant is considered a natural ekstektorantom, so it helps to quickly get rid of the respiratory tract from sputum, which facilitates breathing. It should be noted that sage oil has antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and expectorant effect. There are several ways how you can use this remedy for throat problems:
- You can spend aromatherapy, so the lamp drips 1-2 drops and is deeply inhaled.
- Good results are obtained by rubbing, for which ether is added to the base oil, taking into account the proportion: 1 drop per 1 ml. Rub the mixture on the top of the chest.
- The ideal sage oil for inhalations, and this procedure was described above.
- It is recommended to rinse the throat , for which in 1 tbsp. With warm water, add 4 drops of oil and 1 teaspoon of soda. Stir well and rinse 3-4 times a day.
Sage oil in cosmetics
For cosmetic purposes, different oils are used, which have a wide range of useful properties. Essential oil of sage is included in various means for skin and hair care. With its help you can improve the condition of nails and get rid of various cosmetic defects. It is important to remember that some people ether can cause allergies, so before the external application, test.
Sage oil for face
For the beauty of the skin and getting rid of possible defects, it is recommended to use a sage ether. It helps to cope with small wrinkles, has a healing effect, promotes tissue regeneration, and effectively copes with various eruptions, relieving inflammation. Recommended essential oil of sage for the face for various skin diseases. You can use these procedures:
- The easiest way to use oil is to add a few drops to the usual care cosmetics, such as cream or mask.
- Effectively oil sage from acne and to get the effect, make a mask. Mix 2 tbsp. a spoonful of boiled apple, a small spoonful of lemon juice and 5 drops of sage and rosemary. Apply homogeneous mixture for half an hour.
- To use sage oil for the face from wrinkles, it is necessary to mix 1 tbsp. spoon of sage, chamomile and lavender. Pour hot water to make a mass of consistency, like sour cream. Insist before cooling and add 6 drops of sage oil. Apply the mixture for 15 minutes.
Essential Oil of Sage Hair
The presented natural remedy contributes to the restoration of hairs, fighting with brittleness and cross-section of tips. Sage oil for hair strengthens the roots and enhances the growth process, makes the streaks moist, shiny and healthy. With its help you can cope with dandruff. Oil helps to get rid of inflammatory processes and prevent baldness. There are several ways how to use the ether:
- As in the case of skin care products, you can add a few drops of oil in the usual mask, or just rub a little into the scalp and strands.
- Effective is aromatics. Take a wooden comb and apply a few drops of sage oil on it. Do brushing, moving from roots to tips. To wash it is necessary nothing.
Sage oil for nails
If the skin on hands became dry and rough, and the nails are exfoliated and other problems are observed, then it is recommended to use different folk remedies. Essential oil of sage in cosmetology is used in different masks or simply lubricate their hands and rub a few drops into the nail plates. With regular application, you can see how the skin has become silky and soft, and the nails are strong and shiny.