The upper layers of the epidermis lining the scalp are constantly updated. Dead cells are torn off as a small number of thin light scales. Normally, this process is completely invisible, but in some people there is abundant dandruff - it is desirable to determine the causes and treatment of this problem in the early phase. Progression of pathology can lead to intense hair loss and subsequent baldness.
Causes and Basics of Treatment for Dandruff and Hair Loss
Contrary to popular belief, dandruff is not a cosmetic defect or features of the functioning of the sebaceous glands in the scalp. The true cause of the described pathology is the fungal disease - seborrhea.
Trichology classifies this lesion as follows:
- Dry seborrhea. It is accompanied by a pronounced itch of the scalp and the shedding of white grains or scales that are clearly visible visually. Curls are severely split at the ends, look lifeless, devoid of any volume .
- Fat seborrhea. Characterized by excessive release of sebum. Dandruff is less noticeable than with a dry type of disease, as it does not crumble, but sticks to the base of the hair, creating a thick and fairly thick film.
Because of seborrhea, the metabolic processes in the scalp are significantly impaired, as a result of which there is an intense loss of strands, alopecia or diffuse alopecia.
Cure the disease in question is not easy. To begin with, it is worth taking care of strengthening the immune system and eliminating the factors that contribute to the growth and reproduction of the fungus. Doctors recommend:
- Enrich the diet with vitamins, micro- and macronutrients, especially zinc.
- Undergo a medical examination, in the presence of chronic pathologies of the internal organs to do their therapy and prevention.
- To give time for physical activity.
- Avoid stressful and emotionally stressful situations.
- Enough to relax.
- To disinfect or change headgear, combs.
- Less use of thermal methods of hair styling.
- Choose hypoallergenic cosmetics for curls.
- Do not paint strands, do not do chemical perm during the period of exacerbation.
- Refuse, at least for a while, from bad habits.
In addition, specific treatment will be required. Both non-traditional medicines and pharmaceuticals can help to recover.
Treatment of the causes and symptoms of dandruff folk remedies at home
The most effective way to get rid of seborrhea is the use of root of burdock or burdock large.
Recipe for decoction against dandruff
- cut dry burdock roots - 0.5 kg;
- cold clean water - 3 liters.
Preparation and use
Pour the plant raw material with water and bring to a boil. Reduce the intensity of fire to a minimum, simmer burdock roots for about 6 hours under a tightly closed lid. Cool and strain the broth. Every day, plenty of moistening the scalp with the resulting solution for 5 days. After it is absorbed, rinse with warm water. Shampoo can not be used.
It is also useful to wash curls with special means:
- lightly beaten egg and salt;
- home-grown apple cider vinegar 6%;
- shampoo with the addition of pounded Aspirin tablets;
- kefir or yogurt;
- a solution of lemon juice with a decoction of chamomile.
Traditional treatment of the causes and manifestations of dry and fatty dandruff
In pharmacy chains, you can buy a lot of funds for the therapy of seborrhea. Attention deserve only those that contain:
- salicylic acid;
- selenium disulphide;
Effective shampoos and solutions for treating the underlying cause and effects of dandruff:
- Friederm ;
- Sulsen (a series of products).
It is worth noting that a noticeable result will appear only with the regular use of these drugs for 1.5-2 months.