Treatment of pharyngitis with folk remedies, the most effective of which are widely in demand in the winter, is used by thousands of people. The malaise is not so much hard as unpleasant, but more dangerous is its possible complication - infection of other organs, such as the heart.
Pharyngitis - the causes of
The term "pharyngitis" refers to inflammatory diseases of the throat and pharynx, which occur in acute or chronic form. Why does pharyngitis occur? Causes:
- inhalation of chilled or polluted air (tobacco smoke, car exhausts, chemical vaporisation);
- drinking cold drinks;
- bacterial infection with streptococci, staphylococci, pneumococci;
- infection with influenza viruses, rhinoviruses, coronaviruses, adenoviruses and others;
- infection with fungi;
- presence near to a pharynx of the center of an inflammation - a rhinitis, a sinusitis , caries.
In addition to the above factors, the development of pharyngitis is facilitated by:
- some features of the structure of the pharyngeal mucosa and the entire gastrointestinal tract;
- prolonged exposure to a damp, cold or too dry climate;
- frequent inhalation of dust, smoke;
- smoking and frequent use of alcohol;
- propensity to allergies;
- habit of breathing through the mouth;
- endocrine disorders;
- beriberi - especially a deficiency in the body of vitamin A;
- some diseases - diabetes mellitus, renal, cardiac and pulmonary insufficiency.
Pharyngitis - types and symptoms
Since the pharynx serves as a protection against the ingress of pathogenic organisms and foreign particles into the body together with air, its mucosa is well saturated with blood capillaries and lymphoid tissue. When dangerous objects enter the mucosa, they are immediately destroyed by the body's immune system. If the protective functions of the body are reduced or there are too many harmful factors, pharyngitis occurs, which has two main forms of clinical development:
Acute pharyngitis is characterized by symptoms such as:
- temperature increase;
- redness of the throat;
- discomfort in the throat - pershenie, burning, dryness, pain when swallowing;
- the "empty sip" syndrome is when swallowing saliva is more painful than swallowing water or food;
- cough (dry);
- congestion in the throat of mucus;
- stuffiness of the ears;
- enlarged lymph nodes;
- symptoms of acute respiratory infections .
Chronic pharyngitis causes:
- dryness and sore throat ;
- sensation of a "coma" in the throat;
- a strong accumulation of mucus.
Chronic pharyngitis - types:
- catarrhal - with his red throat;
- hypertrophic - swollen laryngeal mucosa;
- atrophic - the posterior wall of the pharynx is thinner.
By itself, chronic pharyngitis occurs extremely rarely - more often as a symptom of a strong drop in immunity. Much more often this disease accompanies other health problems:
- gastrointestinal diseases;
- inflammatory diseases of the oral cavity;
- hormonal disorders.
Folk remedies for pharyngitis
Symptomatic treatment of pharyngitis with folk remedies is justified at a number of factors, for example - with a mild disease without pronounced disorders of the general condition. In this case, the patient does not need strong antibiotics or antiviral drugs, to improve the state, it is enough to exclude from the diet acute and irritating foods and drinks, and to include the most effective drugs in the pharyngitis treatment with folk remedies.
Herbs from pharyngitis
Folk remedies for pharyngitis based on herbs are mainly used for rinsing. The most effective plants are chamomile, sage, plantain, calendula. These herbs have pronounced anti-inflammatory, healing, antibacterial and analgesic properties. In addition, the funds on these herbs help to remove the mucous edema, reduce the strength of allergic reactions. Doctors recommend using not a decoction, but an infusion, because it retains more useful properties.
Herbal infusion for gargling.
- dried grass (chamomile, sage, plantain or calendula) - 1 tbsp. l .;
- water - 1 glass.
Preparation and use
- Raw pour over boiling water, cover, insist 30 minutes, then strain.
- Gargle 5-6 times a day.
Treatment of aloe pharyngitis is an effective and affordable way to get rid of the disease, as this plant has the strongest anti-inflammatory and restorative properties. In order for the treatment to be most effective, it is necessary to use leaves of the plant older than 5 years. Freshly squeezed juice of aloe leaves is buried in the nose 2 drops in the nostril 2 times a day.
Oils with pharyngitis
Treatment with essential oils is one of the oldest folk methods. These active natural substances perfectly disinfect, reduce swelling and inflammation, improve blood circulation and immunity. In diseases of the throat, essential oils are used in the form of inhalations - cold or hot. The simplest are cold inhalations, for the procedure, you need to drop 2-3 drops of oil on a cotton cloth and breathe for 5 minutes over it, inhaling with your mouth, exhaling with your nose.
Hot inhalations are done only in the absence of temperature. For the procedure, you need to heat a glass of water to 80-90 degrees, drop 2-3 drops of oil into the water and breathe over the mixture for 5-10 minutes, taking a deep breath in your mouth, and breathing out with your nose. The procedure can be performed one hour after a meal or exercise, after inhalation 15-20 minutes you need to rest. In no case after the treatment procedure you can go out into the cold air.
Treatment of pharyngitis with folk remedies - the most effective natural essential oils with pharyngitis:
- mint, lemon, eucalyptus - to relieve pain;
- oil of cypress and sage - to eliminate perspiration, dryness;
- cypress oil, anise - to facilitate coughing;
- camomile oil, rosemary, myrtle - universal for the treatment of pharyngitis.
Folk recipes with pharyngitis
On the question of how to treat pharyngitis folk remedies are often sought by pregnant women, mothers of small children and people who do not tolerate pharmacy medicines, however, even with non-traditional therapy, one should be seen in the treating doctor, since natural preparations can cause allergic reactions, addiction, the emergence of side-effects.
Inhalation with pharyngitis
Steam inhalation with pharyngitis allows the drug to act directly on inflamed tissues, but they can be done only in the absence of temperature. The duration of inhalations is 5-10 minutes. During the procedure, it is necessary to close the influx of cold air (covered with a towel), breathe correctly - inhale - mouth, exhale - nose. Treatment of pharyngitis folk remedies - the most effective inhalation in the home:
- Boil a few potato tubers, drain and take a couple of potatoes.
- In a glass of boiling water, add a teaspoon of soda and 1-2 drops of iodine, breathe over the mixture.
Compress with pharyngitis
Compress with a pharyngitis adult or child helps to keep heat in a painful area and quickly get rid of unpleasant symptoms. Pharyngitis - treatment at home with folk remedies in the form of compresses:
- Alcohol compress - moisten gauze in medical alcohol, attach to the throat and wrap it with a warm scarf. You can keep up to 6 hours, after removing the compress - wrap your throat. It is forbidden to make alcohol compresses at high temperature, skin diseases, thrombosis, tuberculosis, oncology, cardiovascular diseases.
- Boiled potatoes straight in a uniform to mash, put in a sock and, having slightly cooled, to put to a throat. Keep until cool.
- Cabbage leaf pomjat hands, grease with honey and put on the throat, from above to wrap a scarf. Hold for 1 hour.
Folk remedies for gargling
Rinsing of the sore throat is one of the most effective methods, since slime, bacteria and viruses in this case are washed mechanically, and the therapeutic components effectively treat the inflammation focus. Rinse should be often - every hour at the beginning of the disease, 4-6 times - in the following days. The rinse temperature is about 36 degrees. Than to gargle with throat:
- 1 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. soda, 1-2 drops of iodine per glass of water.
- 1 tsp. 3% hydrogen peroxide per glass of water.
- 1 tsp. 6% apple cider vinegar per glass of water.
What to drink from a cough with pharyngitis
If the pain in the throat when a disease is accompanied by a cough, the person who is ill should learn how to treat pharyngitis with a tincture of propolis. The easiest way is to prepare "sweet propolis". To do this, take a piece of sugar and drop 3-5 drops of propolis tincture onto it. The received medicine needs to be resorbed in the mouth. But this medicine can not be taken often, so it is better to prepare a cough from propolis with milk.
Propolis with milk
- propolis - 70 g;
- milk - 1 liter.
Preparation and use
- Add the propolis into the milk, put on a water bath and cook for 10 minutes.
- The resulting product should be cooled and taken on a tablespoon 3 times a day after meals.
- Store the product in the cold.