The human body is exposed to various negative factors. Many are interested in the question of why the skin is drying on the hands and cracking at the fingertips. The main reason for this is the interaction of the epidermis with contaminants and ultraviolet rays.
Why does the skin on the hands crack?
This problem is often exacerbated in people with the arrival of cold weather and the onset of summer. When the skin on the hands dries and cracks, the reasons can be different and they depend on:
- External exposure - caused by low humidity in the room, repair work or climate change. Even the skin condition is affected by irritation from household chemicals, washing hands in bad water and lack of proper care.
- Internal features of the body - provoked by deterioration of health. It can be caused by eczema , infections, allergies, anemia, diabetes mellitus, hormonal malfunction or fungal diseases. Cracked skin on the hands with a lack of essential vitamins and trace elements.
Than to treat cracks on arms or hand?
Many people are interested in the question of what to do when the skin crackles on the fingers. If the cause is an external factor, the first thing to do is to eliminate the irritant and diligently take care of the damaged area. Any household chemicals negatively affects the epidermis, so wash dishes, clean, transplant flowers only in rubber gloves.
If the skin cracks on the hands and palms, at the fingertips or between them, then most likely it is caused by internal diseases of the body. In such cases, you should contact a specialist to determine the cause of the problem and prescribe the necessary treatment. Home therapy can be very harmful or just useless.
Cream against cracks in the hands
If you often dry out the skin or cracks in your hands just begin, you can use hand creams. They are nutritious, moisturizing, protective, with a light and oily texture. Depending on the situation, you should also choose a care product that you need to use after every contact with household chemicals and water, in front of the street and sleep.
Currently, pharmacies and stores offer a huge range of hand creams. When choosing a drug to treat cracks and dry skin, choose softening drugs. They may include:
- jojoba oil ;
- lactic acid;
- propylene glycol.
These ingredients retain moisture in the epidermis and fasten the subcutaneous tissue, it is worth paying attention to such means:
- Velvet handles, Nourishing cream;
- Home doctor, Mumiye Altai;
- Nivea, Intensive moisturizing cream;
- Himani, Boro Plus.
Ointment from cracks in the hands
If you have a more serious problem: the skin on your hands bursts into blood, does not heal for a long time, then you need to use a special ointment with a dense protective structure. Acquire this drug is best in the pharmacy, it can include beeswax and various oils. These ingredients have anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and restorative properties.
Apply the ointment to the area of the lesion with a thick layer before going to bed, and put cotton gloves on top. Perform this procedure will have until the wound does not fully heal. The most popular ointments, when the skin on your hands dries up and cracks, are:
- Levomekol ;
- Solcoseryl ;
- Vulnuzan and others.
Hand oil for dryness and cracks
If your skin on your hands dries and cracks, then it can be moistened with various natural vegetable oils. The most useful of them are: sandalwood, linen, argan, burdock, castor and olive. They are used in pure form and with the addition of various ingredients (marigolds, turns, chamomile, rose hips or tea mushroom tincture and so on), and applied for 12 hours.
They are used to relieve inflammation, purify, soften and treat cuts, scars, cracks and wounds. Still oils have antiseptic, regenerating and hypoallergenic action, restore elasticity and give to hands silkiness. To completely saturate and moisturize the body, they need not only be applied to the skin, make baths, but also eaten with food.
Mask for hands against dryness and cracks
To overcome the dryness and cracks on the skin of the hands, try to make special masks that are based on paraffin, beeswax, glycerine and other ingredients. Their main property is enveloping, nutrition, hydration and rejuvenation of epidermal cells. The procedure can be performed in the salon or at home until the wounds fully heal.
Masks can be purchased at a pharmacy or done by yourself. At present, the popular treatment of cracks in the hands of folk remedies:
- Mix 3 tablespoons of sea buckthorn oil and 1 - honey, apply on damaged skin and leave for half an hour. After that, wash it off with a warm herbal decoction and use a baby cream.
- Pour 2 large spoons of oatmeal with boiling water and allow them to swell. After that, apply evenly to the skin and hold for 15 minutes. Then rinse all this with water and anoint the skin with oil.
Hand baths for dryness and cracks
Fight with problems on the hands of a good help different tubs. This is a popular remedy for cracks in the hands, because there are a lot of recipes for their preparation, which you can choose at your discretion:
- In 1 liter of warm water, add two large spoons of vegetable oil. Hands are kept in such a bath for 20 minutes, then wash off with all herbal decoction.
- Preheat a liter of water on a fire and fill in it with 100 g of starch (diluted already in cold water), constantly stirring the solution. Hands in the bath hold half an hour, and then treated with a moisturizer.
What vitamins to drink when cracks in your hands?
Due to a lack of vitamins E and A in the human body, cracks on the hands may appear, treatment of such a problem is possible by replenishing the missing trace elements. They can be drunk in a complex way, rubbed into the skin or include a diet of foods such as peaches, eggs, nuts, vegetables, legumes, cereals and herbs. Daily it is necessary to use unrefined olive, sunflower and butter.
If the skin of the hands is dry and cracking to the blood, then perhaps you do not have enough B vitamins or folic acid. They help to assimilate the components that prevent iron deficiency anemia. To replenish the stock of missing micronutrients, you need to constantly eat cereals, cheese, milk, beef, eggs, vegetables and legumes or drink a course of medicines: