Lymphadenopathy - enlargement of the lymph nodes, often occurs with serious enough diseases. Should resort to detailed diagnosis, to determine the root cause.
Why is intrathoracic lymphadenopathy manifested?
Common causes of an increase in intrathoracic lymph nodes are:
- tissue injury;
- infectious process;
- a side effect of prolonged use of certain pharmacological agents;
- defeat of fungal microorganisms;
- viral infections;
For example, hilar lymphadenopathy of the lungs can be noted in the presence of pneumonia, oncological process.
How does lymphadenopathy of the intrathoracic lymph nodes develop?
Pathology is differentiated into 3 types:
- The acute, recently revealed, developed rapidly;
- Chronic, associated with the presence of an untreated disease;
Any of the listed forms is a serious threat to life. For example, an increase in the mediastinal lymph nodes is often due to anomalies in the development of large blood vessels.
The first signs of intrathoracic lymphadenopathy
The symptomatology is related to the cause of the pathology. Therefore, the clinical picture may vary.
With mediastinal lymphadenopathy, the following symptoms are observed:
- intense pain in this area;
- sinking of the eyeball, dilated pupil;
- cephalgia ;
- poor permeability of food;
- at the chronic stage it is possible hoarseness.
Lymphadenopathy of the intrathoracic lymph nodes of the lungs is accompanied by:
- shortness of breath ;
- painful swallowing;
- pain syndrome in the chest zone.
In order not to start a pathology, it is necessary to visit a medical institution, where they will form an optimal treatment regimen.