Sometimes all are prone to forgetfulness, especially if you have to perform many tasks and make complex decisions. Indeed, it is worth worrying if there is a steady deterioration in memory - the causes of this problem are usually found in the disruption of the brain cells and may indicate serious diseases of the vascular system.
Causes of impaired memory and attention in women
The main and most obvious factor in reducing the ability to concentrate and remember is aging. With age in small vessels, sclerotic changes occur that prevent normal blood circulation, including in the brain. This process is especially intense after menopause.
But the symptom is often complained about and women under 40 years. The causes of memory impairment in young people have a different origin and often consist in the negative influence of the external environment:
- constant susceptibility to severe stress ;
- lack of vitamins consumed;
- extreme information loads or overloads;
- inferior sleep;
- the use of harmful, unbalanced food.
Also one of the most common factors provoking memory impairment is systemic intoxication of the body:
- poisoning with heavy metals, especially lead and mercury;
- abuse of medicines.
As for alcohol, in this matter it is important to find a "golden mean". The fact that for metabolic processes in the brain is harmful both excessive consumption of alcohol, and complete rejection of it. Doctors recommend, in the absence of contraindications, drink 2-3 glasses of red wine in 7-10 days.
Diseases that result in impaired attention and memory:
- endocrine pathology associated with worsening metabolism;
- liver and kidney disease (hepatitis, pyelonephritis, cirrhosis and others);
- heart disease and cardiovascular system, provoking a violation of blood supply to the brain;
- infection, especially meningitis, syphilis, encephalitis.
Causes of severe memory impairment
Usually, signs of a decrease in the ability to remember gradually increase, which makes it possible to start therapy at an early stage of the detected diseases. But in some cases memory deterioration occurs very quickly:
- neoplasms in the brain, both benign and malignant;
- stroke ;
- craniocerebral injury, concussion.