The reasons that the child has an unpleasant smell from the mouth, can be as a candidiasis of the oral cavity (thrush), so caries teeth and gum disease. However, you should not panic before the time, because before you run to the dentist or pediatrician, check how the baby cleans the teeth. Perhaps he has not yet fully learned this science with pasta and a brush and spoils more than cleans his teeth and tongue of food leftovers. It is for this reason that the child may have putrefactive odor from the mouth, and strong enough.
Another factor that parents should pay attention to is the insufficient formation of a saliva secret, which is a destructive environment for bacteria. Dryness in the mouth of the crumbs provokes the growth of bad organisms, and, accordingly, stale breathing. Insufficient volume of salivary secretion can arise as a result of banal factors: heat, strong physical activity, stress, and as a result of serious diseases: dehydration of the body during intestinal infection and diabetes. In addition, a bad smell from the mouth in a child may occur due to the use of some antihistamine or anti-cold medications.
Causes of bad breath from the mouth, as in a nursing, one-year-old and older children, can become infirmities of internal organs. The most common of these are:
- Diseases of the stomach, esophagus or duodenum. An unpleasant putrefactive odor occurs not only in diseases of the digestive system: gastritis, dysbacteriosis, etc., but also with a low acidity of the stomach or by eating very heavy food that is digested for a long time.
- Throat diseases. The doctors have proved that the remnants of food that accumulate in the indentations of the tonsils can cause halitosis with a strong putrefactive odor.
- Diseases of the nose. Sopli, accumulated in the nasal sinuses, very often fall into the mouth to crumbs. It is necessary to understand that this is the reason when the child has a strong smell from the mouth without difficulty. In addition, the situation is complicated by the fact that, as a rule, the baby has a stuffy nose and starts to breathe with his mouth. This provokes dryness of the mouth, which again, bad for breathing.
- Diabetes. The smell of acetone from the mouth is a sign that the crumb should be examined for this terrible disease. Although, in fairness, it must be said that thirst, fatigue and sticky sweat, will appear much earlier than bad breath.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland. Unfortunately, problems with this organ are present in babies very often. The strong odor of iodine from the mouth in the child is one of the reasons for the poor performance of the thyroid gland.
- Kidney diseases. If you notice an unpleasant odor with ammonia in the karapuz, then it can talk about problems with the kidneys.
Diseases of the liver. This smell has no similar, and therefore it is not difficult to recognize it. From the mouth of the child will smell rotten eggs with a sweet taste.
In conclusion, I want to note that in addition to diseases, bad breath can cause stress. In this case, you need to change the lifestyle of the crumbs or show it to the therapist. In all other situations, with good oral care, a specialist consultation is necessary. If the baby is not sick with a cold, he does not have chronic illnesses that are observed in the otolaryngologist, then the examination should begin with a visit to the dentist and gastroenterologist.