Today Malaysia is developing rapidly, while combining the oldest cultures - Indian, Chinese and Malaysian - and the most advanced advanced technologies. No less important place for tourists is shopping in Malaysia . It is not for nothing that this country is rightfully considered to be the center of trade of Southeast Asia.
Where to shop?
A myriad of shops, markets, shopping streets and factories that offer a huge assortment of goods all contribute to successful purchases. You can start with shopping centers, which in Kuala Lumpur about 40, and markets and bazaars even more.
The most famous retail outlets of the capital:
- Suria Kuala Lumpur City Center - a shopping center in the famous twin towers Petronas . These are huge floors, on which there is everything: from brand shops to souvenirs, which can be brought from Malaysia as a gift;
- Avenue K - only European brands from Dolce & Gabbana to Chanel;
- Starhill Gallery - clothing and accessories of the world's leading brands;
- KL Plaza - watches, jewelry and all kinds of accessories from Lancel, Cartier, Chopard;
- Sungei Wang Plaza - democratic prices and a huge selection of goods;
- Bukit Bintang Plaza - shopping for the whole family;
- Lot 10 - the market where you can, without hesitation, bargain;
- Low Yat Plaza and Imbi Plaza - shopping centers with electronics and other related products;
- Berjaya Times Square - TC, under the roof of which are located 1000 stores, where you can buy good quality goods at not inflated prices: Levi's, Esprit, Swatch, etc.
What to buy?
Having dealt with the choice of shops, it remains to be decided: what can you buy an unusual in Malaysia tourist? There are many answers to this question, for example:
- the selection of souvenirs from Malaysia is mainly represented by such categories as fruit magnets, small bottles of sand, fans and other pleasant trifles. The most popular souvenir are statuettes with twin towers - the main symbol of Kuala Lumpur, also with their image you can buy bed linens, pictures, watches and more. other;
- what else can you buy in Kuala Lumpur and bring from Malaysia as a gift to a friend - the tin products of the Royal Selangor Pewter factory. On each subject you can see the main attractions of Malaysia : the Menara TV tower, twin towers or the arms of Malaysia with tigers. This factory makes cups of "Formula-1", one of the stages of which takes place annually near the capital, therefore there are a lot of thematic gifts;
- decorations with precious stones will not leave anyone indifferent, but remember: when buying, ask for a check indicating the weight and sample;
- a huge selection of clothes from the batik: from beach sarongs to luxurious outfits embroidered or painted with gold threads. You can also buy products from this fabric: wallets for coins, cute stuffed toys, pillows;
- spices, seasonings and ingredients of exotic Asian cuisine can be purchased in any food market, the choice and diversity of anyone will surprise you;
- The clock "Tissot" or "Rado" from Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur will not be an expensive and almost "branded" gift;
- for yourself, you can bring such souvenirs from Malaysia: aromatic oils, soaps, creams, scrubs of indescribable fragrances and natural quality, for example, the company "Tanamera".
Features of shopping in Malaysia:
One of the shopping bonuses in Malaysia is that many goods here are exempt from fees. At the same time, there are some nuances that a tourist should know:
- In any shopping center there is an information desk where you can find out the detailed layout of the shops. Without it, walking on floors is meaningless, because floors from 5 to 12, they can just get confused.
- Buy warm outerwear here is almost impossible, because in Malaysia hot climate. But with very large discounts you can buy things of last year's summer collections.
- Technics and electronics, which says "Made in Malasia", is not profitable to buy: there is practically no difference in price with our stores. If you still decide on such a purchase, be sure to take an international guarantee.
- All the shopping centers of the country set the prices for goods at the same price - it is cheaper to look for no sense. It is this nuance that distinguishes Malaysia from other countries.
- The season of sales takes place 3 times a year: March, July-August, December. The most colossal discounts of 30-70% in all stores begin and end synchronously, dates are announced in advance. The operating mode of the shopping center is: daily 10: 00-22: 00, the markets are open until 24:00 without holidays.