Stuffed peppers are one of the most popular dishes of Moldavian cuisine. It is a bell pepper stuffed with meat and rice, cooked in a cauldron until ready.
A recipe for stuffed peppers can be found in any cookbook. But, as a rule, each housewife adds something to her recipe. Having learned to prepare a classic stuffed pepper, you can easily replace the ingredients or add new ones. However, the traditional stuffing for stuffed peppers is meat and rice.
So, now you will learn how to prepare stuffed peppers.
For pepper stuffed with rice and meat we will need the following products:
- 9-10 Bulgarian peppers;
- 400 grams of pork forcemeat (you can use beef and even chicken);
- 200 grams of rice;
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste;
- 2 onions;
- 2 carrots;
- salt, pepper, condiments, vegetable oil.
Before cooking the stuffed pepper, vegetables should be thoroughly rinsed and cleaned. Remove the core and seeds from the Bulgarian pepper. Prepare the dish in stages:
- Shred the onions and grate the carrots on a fine grater. Half the carrots and onion fry in oil until golden brown.
- Cook rice in a 1: 1 ratio with water. The rice should be half finished.
- Mix the forcemeat with boiled rice, add salt, pepper, seasonings. For stuffed Bulgarian peppers you can use ready-made stuffing.
- Add the meat and rice, fried onions and carrots, and stir.
- Fill the Bulgarian pepper with the prepared stuffing so that the top left with a finger free space. When rice and meat begin to boil, they will need more space. Thus, during the preparation, the filling will not fall out of the pepper.
- Mix the remaining onions and carrots, and add the tomato paste to them. This refueling should be poured onto the bottom of the pan, and topped with pepper stuffed with rice and meat. Pepper should be stacked vertically, tightly to each other so that it does not turn over during cooking.
- Pour water into the pan so that it reaches the middle of the peppers. Cover and cook over low heat for 40-50 minutes.
- Stuffed peppers are ready.
How can I still cook stuffed peppers?
Stuffed peppers can be cooked not only with meat. Adherents of vegetarian cuisine prefer pepper, stuffed with cabbage, vegetables with cheese, mushrooms. As a filling, you can use a wide variety of products. For example, pepper stuffed with vegetables and rice is one of the favorite dishes of the inhabitants of Bulgaria.
Stuffed peppers can also be baked in the oven. For this recipe, rice should be cooked until ready, and minced meat minced in a frying pan along with onions and carrots. When preparing this dish in the oven, the Bulgarian pepper can be cut along and stuffing halves. Each stuffed halves can be sprinkled with cheese.
Stuffed peppers can be harvested for the winter. For this, pepper must be cooked, stuffed, poured with marinade and left under the press for two days. Two days later put in jars and roll up. Marinade is made from water, sugar, vinegar, salt, spices. To prepare stuffed peppers for the winter , you should use only ready-made fillings, and not raw.
Many women are interested in the question "What is the calorie content of stuffed peppers?" One medium-sized stuffed pepper contains about 80 calories. In the vegetarian version - about 60 calories. So stuffed peppers with success can become a favorite dish of those who zealously watches the amount of calories eaten. Experiment in the preparation of stuffed peppers and please your friends and relatives!