Having dealt with how to make moonshine with his own hands at home, he will be able to provide himself with quality alcohol, the characteristics of which will be an order of magnitude higher than many types of vodka on store shelves. The process is very troublesome, but the result justifies all the time and effort.
How to make moonshine at home?
Get a quality drink will help the proven recipes of home-brewed home-made odorless and basic recommendations, the performance of which will improve the characteristics of alcohol.
- For the preparation of moonshine, you will need a home-made apparatus and a vessel for fermentation of berg, which must be enameled or glass.
- Water is used as a spring or bottled water. It can not be boiled beforehand.
- All utensils used for fermentation should be thoroughly washed with soda and scalded with boiling water to avoid getting into the barge unnecessary bacteria.
- Dry yeast must be activated in sweet water before addition to the brew, the fresh ones are added to the total container immediately or pre-dissolved in a small volume of liquid.
Yeast for moonshine - which is better?
The final result, along with many other factors, will be determined by what yeast for moonshine was chosen.
- Alcoholic yeast is designed to produce alcohol based on sugar and grain. Such an additive will provide an optimal fermentation period, a minimum concentration of detrimental impurities in the boil and a worthy output of alcohol at the outlet.
- For fruit or berry brags, you can use wine yeast, adding them, based on the recommendations of the instructions.
- You can prepare homemade moonshine and bread yeast, which are considered the worst choice. Drink on a similar basis takes on a third-party taste and undesirable aroma, and the brega is strongly foamed and requires the addition of defoamers. In addition, fermentation time on such yeast increases by 1.5-2 times.
Braga recipe for moonshine
To make moonshine at home, the first step is to master the stage of brewing. Its correct execution will allow to get natural alcohol without foreign smell and taste. If the quality of the sugar is not credible, it is preferable to invert it initially, boiling with water (1 kg per 0.5 liter) for about an hour and adding in the process 20 grams of citric acid.
- water is warm - 5 liters;
- granulated sugar - 1 kg;
- yeast, pressed - 100 g.
- In warm water they dissolve sugar.
- Pour a little liquid, dissolve yeast, pour into a fermentation tank, mix.
- Install a septum and leave the vessel to ferment at a temperature of 22-25 degrees.
- Depending on the quality of raw materials and the temperature in the room, brew for moonshine will be ready in 3-14 days.
- Readiness is determined by the absence of fermentation, acidity and bitter taste of the brag.
Distillation of moonshine
Often in practice, double distillation of moonshine is used, which allows obtaining the most expected characteristics of the drink.
- Distillation of both the first and second is always performed on a quiet fire
- The so-called pervak or the first 40-50 ml for each kilogram of sugar used for brewing is collected in a separate container and used for technical needs, since a similar moonshine contains too many harmful impurities and is hazardous to health.
- The subsequent "body" of the home beverage is collected until the fortress begins to fall below 40 degrees.
- If desired, collect the "tails" of moonshine and add it to the subsequent brew before the first distillation.
- After the first distillation, the moonshine must be diluted with water to a strength of 20 degrees, cleaned and distilled a second time, following the same technology, and then diluted to the desired strength.
How to dilute moonshine?
The following are recommendations on how to dilute the moonshine with water to avoid clouding the drink or impairing its quality.
- The first rule that should be observed when diluting alcohol-containing beverages: you need to pour alcohol into the water, but not vice versa.
- The water should be spring, artesian or bottled, not boiled, soft.
- The amount of water for diluting the drink can be determined by the formula: (a / b) * c-c, where a is the initial strength of the moonshine, c is the required strength of the moonshine, c is the available volume of moonshine.
Cleaning home-made moonshine
Cleansing moonshine should be done after the beverage is grown to a fortress of 40 degrees. Typically, cleaning is carried out after the first distillation before the second, using in practice one or alternately several of the following methods.
- Activated carbon tablets are ground into a powder, add 50 grams per liter of alcohol, leave for 3 weeks, shaking daily, after which the week is defended and filtered.
- No less effective for cleaning charcoal from beech, birch, pine and linden or coconut coal. For 1 liter add 50 g of charcoal powder or 10 g of coconut. After 3 days, the beverage is filtered off.
- Successfully clean homemade moonshine with potassium permanganate, adding 1.5 g of component to 1 liter of raw material. After 1-2 days, the beverage is filtered.
- From the fusel oils help to clean the alcohol whipped proteins, which are added to the container in a slightly whipped form and left to precipitate, then the beverage is filtered.
- Effectively clears alcohol milk (200 ml per 1L). After a week, add a couple drops of lemon juice and filter the moonshine.
Samogon of sugar and yeast - a classic recipe
The following recipe for moonshine from sugar and yeast will make it possible to obtain the highest quality drink without an unpleasant odor, with the minimum amount of harmful impurities that can be eliminated by subsequent purification and re-distillation. Do not forget about the observance of sterility of hands and containers.
- water - 24 l;
- sugar - 6 kg;
- yeast alcohol - 600 g;
- citric acid - 25 g.
- Mix 3 liters of water with sugar, boil for 10 minutes.
- Pour carefully lemon acid, cook syrup for 1 hour.
- Add the sweet base to the fermentation tank with the rest of the water, add the yeast, set the hydroseal and leave it for fermentation in a warm place, shaking every day.
- At the end of the fermentation, distill the brew through a brewer's apparatus, then dilute to 20 degrees, clean and repeat the distillation.
- Completing the recipe of moonshine, dilute it to a fortress of 40-45 degrees, let it brew for a week.
Moonshine from wheat at home
The following recipe on how to properly make moonshine without the participation of yeast. The base product for ensuring the proper process of fermentation here is sprouted wheat, the quality of which should not be questioned. You will need low boxes or containers, which need to be covered with dense polyethylene or film.
- wheat - 5 kg;
- sugar - 6,5 kg;
- water - 15-17 liters.
- Wheat washed, poured water to cover the 3 cm and left until the appearance of sprouts.
- Wash the mass, return to the boxes without water, leave for 6 hours, mix every hour.
- Cover the boxes with film and leave the grains in a warm and lit place for 5-7 days, stirring every 8-10 hours and splashing with water.
- The resulting green malt is mixed with water, in which sugar is dissolved, placed under the septum for 3-4 days.
- On readiness, the bug is distilled, receiving quality mug on wheat without yeast, which can be further purified and re-distilled.
Moonshine on prunes - recipe
It is important not only to know how to make moonshine from brags, but also be able to refine its taste by insisting with the addition of relevant ingredients. One such is a prune, able to level unwanted flavor notes of the original drink and give it new, pleasant shades. The resulting infusion is easily drunk without causing an unpleasant aftertaste.
- moonshine - 1 liter;
- prunes without pips - 8 pcs .;
- sweet pepper and cloves - 2 pcs .;
- black pepper (pea) - 6 pcs .;
- vanillin - 2 g.
- Crush the peppercorns and cloves, pawn in a jar along with prunes and vanillin.
- Fill the contents with moonshine and cover tightly with a lid, shake and leave for 10 days.
- Finished moonshine on prunes is filtered, bottled.
Moonshine on pine nuts - recipe
The recipe for moonshine, infused with pine nuts, will not only improve the taste of the drink, but also make it more useful for the body. Nuts in this case are used untreated with the shell, so they are repeatedly scalded with boiling water to wash the existing resins on the surface.
- moonshine with a strength of 70 degrees - 2 liters;
- cedar nuts - 500 g;
- oak bark - 1 tbsp. a spoon;
- honey - 70 g.
- Pine nuts are poured with boiling water, left for 5 minutes, poured.
- Repeat the fill 2-3 more times.
- Lay the nuts along with bark and honey in a jar, pour in moonshine, shake.
- Insist moonshine on cedar nuts for 1 month, after which they are filtered and planted to a fortress of 40-41 degrees.
Mohawk on cranberries - recipe
Learn how to make moonshine on cranberries from the following recipe. Instead of sugar syrup, added to the tincture, you can take honey, which not only eliminates the need to cook the sweetener, but also adds a drink of utility. Depending on the strength of the alcohol used, the finished beverage can be diluted with water to the desired degree.
- moonshine - 2 liters;
- cranberry - 1 kg;
- sugar - 4 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 200 ml.
- The washed and dried cranberries are kneaded with a tolstalk and poured into a sealed can of moonshine for 2 weeks.
- Filter the infusion with gauze, squeeze, filter.
- From sugar and water, syrup is cooked, cooled, poured to infusion.
- Spill moonshine on cranberries in bottles, cork, insist a month.
Further on how to make fruit moonshine from apples. The result will be alcohol, an order of magnitude greater than the characteristics of the classic sugar analogue. When using sweet fruits, sugar can not be added at all, and the acid base should be artificially sweetened. Yeast in this case, preferably wine.
- apples - 15 kg;
- water - 10 liters;
- sugar (with sour apples) - 2 kg;
- dry yeast - 10 g.
- Crush the apples, put the puree in a fermentation tank.
- Add water with sugar, or without sugar, if apples are sweet.
- In slightly warm water, yeast is dissolved, poured into an apple-based.
- Leave the ground to wander under the hydraulic seal.
- According to the willingness of the brave they use it for distillation, after obtaining the desired moonshine from apples
Moong from the honey
Making homemade home-made honey can be carried out on wine yeast, which will make it possible to obtain the ideal drink. However, you should be prepared for long fermentation (up to 2 months) and a lower yield of the product. Faster and more productive will be alcohol yeast.
- honey - 2 liters;
- water - 10 liters;
- yeasts dry or fresh - 40 or 200 g.
- Dissolve honey in warm water (40 degrees).
- Add the yeast, stir and leave the mixture to wander under the septum under room conditions for a week.
- Carry out the capacity in the cold for another 2 weeks, after which the brew is poured from the sediment and used for distillation.
Moonshine from the jam
Braga from jam for moonshine can be prepared without the addition of sugar, if the jam is sweet. Otherwise, the base should be slightly sweetened: 1 kg of sugar contained in the base should account for 4 liters of water. In this case, the most preferable are the yeast, which should be previously diluted in portions of sweet water.
- jam - 3 liters;
- water - 15 liters;
- yeast, wine - 25 g;
- Jam is dissolved in warm water.
- Add sugar as needed, dilute yeast, stir.
- The mixture is poured into the fermentation tank under the septum.
- At the ready the bergs are distilled by a moonshine.