Varicose veins on the legs - a chronic disease in which there is a violation of the process of outflow of blood. Such a disease is a serious cosmetic defect and gives a lot of unpleasant sensations to a person. More often the disease occurs in women: it is diagnosed in 89% of women. It is also observed in 66% of men.
Varicosity - the causes of
Venous blood from the feet to the heart rises under the influence of blood pressure. If the person is healthy, then this mechanism operates smoothly. In the presence of pathologies, the body is forced to stimulate this process: it raises the pressure and pushes the blood upwards with pushing movements. As a result, there is a valve failure. Because of the constant elevated pressure, the walls of the vessels stretch, lose their elasticity and become thinner. Under the skin, blue nodules are formed. The most common causes of varicose are:
- Hereditary predisposition - some are susceptible to the onset of the disease. They have congenital dystrophy of the valve, weak vessel walls. For this reason, varicose veins on the legs can be observed even at a young age.
- Hormonal changes - due to malfunction, blood stagnation occurs. The most dangerous are the period of gestation, puberty and after childbirth. In the female body (especially at this time), the hormones of the yellow body predominate. They have a relaxing effect on the veins.
- Diseases of the joints - rheumatoid arthritis , osteoporosis and other diseases.
- Wearing narrow shoes and too tight clothes.
- Unbalanced diet - the presence in it of fatty and high-calorie food.
- Bad habits - smoking and alcohol abuse.
- Admission of certain drugs - hormonal contraceptives.
- Overweight - obesity increases pressure on the legs.
- Chronic liver diseases - cirrhosis, hepatitis.
Varicose veins on the legs - symptoms
Characteristic features of this disease. Symptoms depend on the stage of varicose veins of the lower extremities. They can be:
- convulsions at night;
- dark patches and nodules are seen;
- there is swelling;
- painful sensations (pulsating, bursting);
- rapid fatigue of the feet;
- a feeling of "crawling" creepy.
What is the risk of varicose veins?
This disease itself will not disappear. Without proper treatment, the situation will only worsen. Expansion of the veins on the legs can provoke such complications:
- Eczema and dermatitis - in the shin area there are redness, small bubbles and cracks.
- Trophic ulcers - can appear as single as well as numerous "islets". More often they are wet (on their surface a clear or bloody liquid appears constantly). Although such ulcers are shallow, they are very painful.
- Thrombophlebitis - can be accompanied by an increase in body temperature, redness of the skin, painful sensations both in walking and at rest.
- Vein rupture - accompanied by heavy bleeding. If such a complication occurs, immediate medical attention is required.
Varicose veins on the legs - treatment
This problem is dealt with by the following specialists: phlebologists , angio-surgeons. Before prescribing treatment for varicose veins on the legs, the doctor will prescribe a diagnosis. It is represented by such procedures:
- samples of Sheinis, Prett, Perthes;
- scanning of veins;
- computer phlebography.
Varicose veins on the legs provide such treatment:
- treatment of varicose leeches;
- folk remedies;
- sclerotherapy .
Ointment from varicose veins
All medicines used in therapy should be safe. In addition, effective ointments for varicose veins of the lower extremities correspond to such requirements:
- interfere with stagnation of blood;
- remove pain and remove puffiness;
- differ tonic effect;
- optimize the work of venous valves;
- reduce the likelihood of negative consequences.
Varicose veins on the legs should be treated with properly selected medications. The most effective means, taking into account the stage of the disease, can be found only by a doctor. To be engaged in a selftreatment is dangerous! In the best case, the drug will be useless, and at worst - will provoke aggravation of the situation. More often from varicosas prescribe such ointments:
- Heparinovuyu - has anti-inflammatory effect, has vasoconstrictive and analgesic effects. The active substance of this drug is heparin. Based on this component, other drugs for the treatment of varicose veins are also manufactured. These include Dermaton, Venosan, Geparoid.
- Troxevasin - in the basis of this drug is trokserutin. This substance has a wide range of useful properties. It has anti-edema, anti-inflammatory, angioprotective and antioxidant activity.
- Vishnevsky - this preparation has a natural composition, so it is safe. This product is characterized by antiseptic, healing, analgesic and regenerative action.
Cream for varicose veins
Such medicines contain vegetable oils, petrolatum and other components giving the preparation a soft fat consistency. These medications are easily distributed and well absorbed into the skin. In addition, such drugs have moisturizing and soothing effects. Chronic varicose veins of the lower extremities are treated with the help of such creams and gels:
- antibacterial agents - Metrogil;
- anticoagulant drugs - Venolife;
- phlebotonics - Venitan, Venoruton;
- non-steroidal agents with anti-inflammatory effect - Indovazin;
- corticosteroids - Lorinden, Celestoderm.
Tablets from varicose veins
In the treatment of this drug, various groups of medicines are prescribed. Here what preparations at a varicose of the bottom extremities are more often prescribed:
- phlebotonics - Venarus, Escuzan, Detralex, Glivenol;
- anticoagulants - Vazobral, Currantil;
- antioxidants - Antistax, vitamin E;
- preparations of enzyme therapy - Флогэнзим, Вобэнзим.
Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with pricks
This procedure is called sclerotherapy. It is considered an alternative to surgical intervention. This procedure quickly helps to achieve the desired therapeutic effect. The injections (they are called sclerosants) are injected into the site with the affected veins. A chemical burn is formed here. In addition, an inflammatory process begins that affects the walls of blood vessels.
After a short period of time, the veins approach each other, and then they glue together. As a result, their throughput deteriorates, and the blood flow goes along an alternative channel. Over time, such veins disappear. In their place appears connective tissue. If varicose veins of the lower extremities are diagnosed, treatment by injection can be performed as follows:
- Traditional sclerotherapy - involves the introduction of unmodified drugs, rapidly dissolving in the blood.
- Treatment of capillaries is a method that helps to get rid of capillary mesh.
- Injection of foam sclerosant - this option is good in that it gives a lasting result.
- Echosclerotherapy - provides for duplex scanning.
The procedure is as follows:
- A week before the forthcoming therapy, you need to stop smoking and drinking alcohol. In addition, it is necessary to stop taking medications that affect blood coagulability.
- The site of the future puncture is anesthetized.
- The vein is pierced and the needle is inserted.
- Injections are made (the dosage of the drug is calculated by the attending physician). The number of injections per session can vary from 8 to 10.
- A squeezing bandage is applied to the treated area.
- The patient is prescribed a one hour walk.
Most varicose veins on the affected legs are treated with such drugs:
- With ethoxysclerol;
Treatment of varicose veins on legs with folk remedies
Alternative methods are considered a successful addition in the treatment of this ailment. At the initial stage, folk remedies can be used independently. However, they must be applied strictly under the supervision of the doctor. If you simultaneously wear pantyhose from varicose veins, the effect will come much faster. However, even their use should be based on the recommendations of the attending physician.
The treatment of varicose veins on the legs with apple cider vinegar is especially well proven. For such therapy, it will be useful as a self-made, so-purchased natural product. Use this tool can as follows:
- Rubbing - a small amount of apple cider vinegar is applied to the affected area and gently rubbed. Do such procedures should be twice a day (in the daytime and at bedtime).
- Compresses - a small piece of clean gauze is impregnated with apple cider vinegar and applied to the problem area. You can not keep this bandage for more than 10 minutes. Every day you need to do 1-2 procedures. The duration of therapy is 2-3 weeks.
Exercises with varicose veins of the lower extremities - gymnastics at home
These classes simultaneously solve the following tasks:
- normalize blood pressure;
- increase the tone of the vessels;
- activates lymphatic outflow;
- increases physical endurance of the organism;
- improves peripheral circulation.
Gymnastics for varicose veins of the lower extremities should be performed under the supervision of a doctor. Such exercises are forbidden:
- lifting the rod;
Effective exercises for varicose veins of the lower extremities:
- athletic walking;
- walking on socks and heels;
- water aerobics.
Massage with varicose veins of the lower extremities
This procedure is highly effective. However, not every type of massage is acceptable in this case. For example, honey rubs are forbidden, since they can provoke an increase in painful sensations. Treatment of varicose veins on the legs at home provides for the performance of such a massage:
- medical manual;
- procedures of "gouache".
Treatment of varicose veins by laser
Under the influence of such a beam there is a gluing of the vessels and brewing of the trunk. After a short period of time, the irradiated vein is replaced by a connective tissue. The procedure lasts no more than an hour. Treatment of varicose veins on the legs with a laser is not highly traumatic: it is performed under local anesthesia. After such a procedure, put the roller on the treated area and fix it with an elastic bandage. Then the patient can go home.
Surgical treatment of varicose veins of the legs
Operative intervention can be carried out in various ways. The method chosen by the doctor directly depends on the stage of the disease and the patient's condition. The operation for varicose veins of the lower extremities can be performed as follows:
- The classic option is considered the most traumatic. Assumes removal of the vein as a whole (from the groin area to the foot).
- Short stripping - only fragments that are affected by varicose are removed.
- Miniflebectomy is an innovative technique used to remove the widened "branches" of the saphenous vein. With this operation, single punctures are made through which the affected blood vessels are removed. After a surgical intervention, the skin does not leave scars and scarring.
Nutrition for varicose veins of the lower extremities
The diet with this disease is very important. The following foods should be present in the diet:
- Bulgarian pepper;
- White cabbage;
- rose hips;
- sea fish;
- low-fat meat;
Diet for varicose veins of the lower extremities involves the rejection of such products:
- canned food;
- semi-finished products;
- baking and baking;
- caffeinated beverages;
- smoked products;
- pickled products;
- alcoholic beverages.
Prevention of varicose veins on the legs
This disease is easier to prevent than treat.
Even before the first symptoms of varicose veins of the lower extremities in women are revealed, the following steps can be taken:
- Choose comfortable shoes.
- Normalize weight.
- To refuse from bad habits.
- Wear special underwear from varicose veins.
- During sleep, put a roller under your feet.
- To lead an active life, not forgetting about rest.
- Do a drainage massage.