So, what foods can not be eaten by nursing mothers:
- citrus, seafood, red berries and fruits, honey - strong allergens;
- sweet or carbonated drinks - cause swelling, damage;
- strong spices, onion, garlic - can change the taste of milk, which in turn can provoke a temporary failure of the breast;
- legumes - cause bloating;
- strong tea, coffee - can provoke excessive activity;
- baking, cakes, cakes, chocolate - fatty and heavy food, in addition, can cause unwanted fermentation in the baby's stomach;
- Untreated cow's milk - swarming with dangerous bacteria for the baby.
As for allergen products, a few months after the beginning of breastfeeding, you can try to introduce them into the diet in a small amount.
That categorically it is impossible to eat nursing mum, so it:
- semi-finished products, fast food;
- canned food;
- hot red pepper;
- any products of suspicious origin or that have not been properly processed.
All these products, even through breast milk can cause harm to the child, cause serious intoxication, fermentation and colic.
Beginning with the second month of feeding, you can (and need to) gradually introduce new products, preferably vegetables and fruits. Vitamins, in the end, are necessary for the mother and children's body, and they need to be taken from somewhere. The rule here is the same - one product is introduced in two or three days, my mother closely follows the reaction of the child.
Why can not milk feed the mother?
There are several different opinions about whether it is possible for mother to drink milk. On the one hand - tea with milk from time immemorial was considered an excellent means for improving lactation, on the other hand - in untreated milk the mass of bacteria and specific lactose, which is very hard to digest by the children's stomach. The optimal solution for the mother will be to drink milk as rarely as possible and only boiled, and to take calcium from the fermented milk products (kefir, cottage cheese), low-fat cheese.
Despite many restrictions, the nursing mother's menu should not be "hungry", because no one says that nursing mother can not eat anything at all. The basis of the diet should be light gluten-free cereals, lean boiled or baked meat, allowed fruits and vegetables, cottage cheese.
The process of breastfeeding is not only very intimate and enjoyable for the mother, but also, of course, very responsible. If a woman can adhere to a correct and balanced diet, then at the initial stage of life she will give the child a maximum of health and immunity.