Pediculosis is a cutaneous parasitic disease, which has been known since antiquity. Once you have discovered lice in a child, do not panic, because modern drugs can quickly get rid of unwanted guests and unpleasant symptoms in the form of itching.
Where do lice come from children?
Many are interested in the sources of infection by parasites, and finding out where the lice are from the child, one should identify several of the most frequent causes of the occurrence of lice. It is a mistake to believe that a child's lice are planted due to non-compliance with hygiene rules, but this is misleading. Parasites can be "picked up" in a variety of places:
- public transport;
- hostels and hotels;
- dressing rooms in public places;
- Activities accompanied by a close conglomeration of strangers;
- school and preschool institutions.
Why are lice dangerous?
Pediculosis in children is treated quickly, but if the time does not take action, that is, the risk of infection in the combed wounds. In addition, pediculosis can cause:
- sleep disorders;
- worsening concentration of attention;
- restless behavior;
- the appearance of purulent wounds.
In the Middle Ages, lice were the main carriers of serious diseases. Nowadays such cases are rare, but information about parasitic diseases can be useful. These are such infectious diseases as:
- typhus fever ;
- relapsing fever;
Signs of pediculosis in children
There are a number of symptoms, when the appearance of which should be suspected the appearance of lice, in order to begin the fight against parasites as soon as possible.
- Itching of the scalp. It arises because of the nature of the saliva of the parasites, which contains an enzyme that prevents coagulation of the blood. More often itching is observed on the temples and occiput, the area of the head behind the ears.
- Rash. More often the rash can be noticed along the periphery of the scalp.
- Combs. They appear in the presence of lice for a long time. Itching of the head is accompanied by an active scratching of the bite, hence the appearance of combs.
- The nits. Their presence suggests a 100% presence of lice. Outwardly they resemble small bubbles on the hair about 2-3 mm in size. If there are nits, you should immediately check the approximate number of lice. How to look like lice on a child's head and nits are seen in the picture.
Your child's lice - what to do?
With the diagnosis "pediculosis", treatment is prescribed without delay, because the earlier to address the elimination of parasites, the less they will breed and nid nits. Modern medicine has in its arsenal of funds that help quickly get rid of lice in a child. In addition to traditional medicine, there are many national recipes that have proved their effectiveness.
Pediculosis - treatment, drugs
Choosing the best funds for pediculosis for children, it is better to consult a specialist who will help in choosing. Not all funds are equally applicable for children and adults, besides, you must always choose the right dosage. Among the most effective and popular options are:
- MediFox is super. A remedy for insecticide pediculosis, which actively acts on parasites, causing their death. It is very important to ensure that the product does not get on the mucous membranes, which is not easy if you apply it to young children.
- Nitofor cream. If pediculosis is found in children, treatment with this cream is not desirable. First, it has recently lost its former effectiveness. Secondly, in some children it left burns on the scalp.
- Lotion Paranita. Lice in a child are well treated with this remedy, but one procedure will not be enough. Comes with a lotion sold comb, designed for combing the nits.
- FullMarks solution. Has an oily structure, a pleasant smell and many positive reviews, due to its effectiveness.
- MediFox. It is a concentrate, which contains parmetrin, which can cause allergic reactions in children.
Picking shampoo from lice and nits for children, it is important to acquire a quality and effective remedy, so pay attention to the characteristics of popular shampoos.
- Shampoo Chigiya. More often one can hear information that a single application is not effective and it will be necessary to repeat the procedure.
- Pediline. Shampoo contains just two insecticides, which helps in the fight against parasites.
- LiceGuard Shampoo. This remedy is best suited in case you need to remove lice from young children. It does not contain insecticides and is produced on a natural basis. In addition, the components of the shampoo make the glue on which the nits are fragile, and it is not difficult to comb them out with the help of a comb.
Spray from pediculosis
An effective remedy for lice and nits for children is often sold as a spray. Information about the most popular products with good reviews will be useful to those who want to choose a good antiparasitic spray.
- A pair of Plus. It contains three active components, so it quickly and effectively copes with the task.
- Nyuda. One of the most popular drugs used to treat pediculosis in children, because it has a mild effect.
- Pediculum Ultra.
- Paranita. This tool is ideal for very young children (up to 3 years), due to mild effects.
- LiceGuard. This option in the form of a spray is often used for prevention purposes.
Folk remedies for pediculosis at home
Traditional medicine is also able to offer many different drugs that help fight pediculosis.
- Capricorn water from lice to children. It is a vegetable poison that rubs into the scalp, which leads to the death of parasites.
- Kerosene. This means rub your head and leave in the form of a compress, wrapping your head with cellophane and a warm kerchief or a towel.
- Acid of cranberry juice. Juice is rubbed with hair and thanks to the acid contained in it, lice die.
- Vinegar. Two tablespoons diluted in a glass of water and evenly distributed the resulting composition over the entire surface of the scalp and hair. This procedure does not destroy parasites and nits, but destroys the glue with which nits are attached to the hairs, which greatly facilitates their combing.
- Wash the head with a dust or tar soap. This method is well known, as a few decades ago was the most popular. If the tar soap is safe, then it is strongly recommended that children are not recommended to remove lice with the help of dust because of its high toxicity.
- Black cumin. Cumin seeds are ground into a powder and mixed in a one to one ratio with apple cider vinegar . Apply to the hair and stand for 15-20 minutes, after which the mixture is washed off well.
- Pomegranate juice. This tool is considered effective in combination with mint. So, the juice is added mint leaves, boiled, cooled and applied to the hair. As a result, mint ether adversely affects adult individuals, and the juice destroys the glue on which nits are kept.
Prevention of pediculosis
Taking measures to prevent pediculosis, you can significantly reduce the risk of parasites. First of all, it's compliance with the rules of personal hygiene:
- Wash your head with hot water with soap or shampoo at least once a week.
- Washing of laundry with boiling and ironing.
- Change of underwear (as contamination) and bed linen at least once a week.
- Regular haircut and combing hair.
- Refusal to use other people's underwear, towels, combs, hats and clothes.
- Keep clean rooms and household items.
Fighting with pediculosis
For preventive and curative purposes, treatment is carried out with pediculosis, which is of three kinds.
- Prevention of pediculosis in children and adults by a mechanical method. This method includes combing the nits, cutting hair and even shaving, after which the hair is better burned.
- Another method by which lice is prevented in children and adults is the physical method. Soaking clothes and clothes that can not be boiled in a 2% solution of soda ash for 20 minutes and then ironing with a hot iron.
- The chemical method is based on the use of isecticides, acting on lice and nits. This method can be used for both preventive and therapeutic purposes. With the help of special preparations, they process premises and household items, and also apply directly to the treatment of hair and scalp.