Treatment of osteochondrosis is an urgent issue. Practically every person had to experience manifestations of this disease in one form or another. The disease develops due to heavy loads on the spine and intervertebral discs. The situation is aggravated by the fact that many today lead a sedentary lifestyle.
How correctly to treat an osteochondrosis?
The therapy is conservative and should be aimed at reducing the manifestations of the disease, because it is very difficult to completely eliminate the cause. How to treat osteochondrosis? To eliminate signs of an illness, usually use irritants, which increase the conductivity in the nerve trunks. Well-proven drugs for topical use, physiotherapy procedures.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis
There are many methods of fighting this form of ailment. The main thing is to understand that cervical osteochondrosis treatment is a long process, which may not lead to complete recovery, but if you follow all the recommendations of a specialist, therapy will help to stop the devastating changes. In the initial stages it is customary to use conservative methods. Patients are prescribed medicines, physiotherapeutic procedures, special means fixing the spine. In advanced cases, treatment of osteochondrosis may involve surgical intervention.
Treatment of chest osteochondrosis
Before starting treatment for osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine , it is worthwhile to identify the cause of its appearance. Someone develops because of a sedentary lifestyle, someone suffers because of an injury that led to blood flow disorders. Whatever caused the state, it is best to fight against it in a complex way. That is, treatment of the osteochondrosis of the thoracic area should include not only taking medications, but also physiotherapy, diet, exercise.
Treatment of lumbar spine osteochondrosis
With the right approach, pain can be removed in a few days. Osteochondrosis treatment involves medication and physiotherapy procedures, of which the most popular are:
- Acupressure. Promotes the elimination of muscle spasms, which reduces the burden on the spine and speeds up the process of tissue repair.
- Moxotherapy. It is designed to improve metabolic processes.
- Manual therapy. Stretching the spine frees up the clamped nerves and blood vessels, which improves blood circulation and reduces pain.
- Acupuncture. Anesthetizes and helps to eliminate the inflammatory process.
Medication for osteochondrosis
Select a doctor, prescribe a schedule for their admission and determine the duration of therapy should a specialist. When diagnosed, osteochondrosis drugs for treatment are needed to achieve such effects:
- reduce or eliminate pain;
- elimination of the inflammatory process;
- restoration of diseased cartilage tissue;
- relaxation of clamped muscles;
- improve metabolism;
- normalization of blood flow;
- stop the progression of osteochondrosis.
Osteochondrosis - tablets
To treat the osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine, such medicines can:
- Ibuprofen. It has anti-inflammatory effect and can be used for long-term treatment.
- Diclofenac. Prevents inflammatory reactions.
- Dolobid. Strong anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- Naproxen. If the treatment of osteochondrosis is carried out with this drug, the anti-inflammatory effect will manifest no less than a month later, but it will have a persistent character.
- Melliktin. Miorelaxant , which blocks the receptors responsible for muscle contraction.
- Ketorol. Strong anesthetic used to exacerbate the problem.
- Promedol. Treatment of osteochondrosis with this medication is appropriate only for intolerable pain.
- Euphyllinum. The drug for improving blood circulation, relaxes small blood vessels and helps increase blood flow to the brain.
- Vitamins of groups A, C, B, D, E. Strengthen the body and reduce the manifestations of osteochondrosis.
Osteochondrosis - injections
Treatment of osteochondrosis with injections has many advantages:
- The funds go directly to the blood and quickly begin to act. Due to this pain with osteochondrosis pass in a few minutes.
- The injections act directly on the lesion, which prevents many side reactions.
- Injection therapy can accurately determine the dosage of the drug - all injected liquid has a therapeutic effect, while in the treatment of tablets some of the medicinal substances are destroyed by enzymes.
- Uniform continuous administration allows to achieve a better result.
As a rule, the treatment of acute osteochondrosis is carried out by means such as:
- Baralgin ;
- Midokalm ;
Osteochondrosis - ointments
Most popular non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are topical. They relieve pain and inflammation, eliminate puffiness, struggle with stiffness of muscles and return mobility to the affected joints. Choose ointment for osteochondrosis of the cervical, thoracic, lumbar spine can be from the list of such medicines:
- Indomethacin ;
- Traumeel ;
- The Lycophant.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with folk remedies
Unconventional medicine has many tools that help to fight with osteochondrosis quickly and qualitatively. Many of them are very effective and completely harmless, but despite good reviews, treatment of osteochondrosis at home should be done carefully under the supervision of a specialist. In addition, it is undesirable to trust your health with non-traditional medicine completely. Alternative recipes are best used as a supplement to traditional treatment.
Treatment of osteochondrosis by banks
It is important to understand that treatment of osteochondrosis at home by banks will only eliminate the symptoms, but they will not cure the cause of the disease, therefore this method should be used only as part of complex therapy. What is the essence of this method? Vacuum action restores blood flow. Thanks to this, muscles are relaxed, the work of internal organs, nerve endings is normalized, spasms are eliminated, pain is reduced.
For the therapy, you will definitely need outside assistance - it's very inconvenient to set up banks for yourself.
The can is massaged as follows:
- The skin is treated with fat: oil, cream, petroleum jelly.
- The bank is applied to the selected site and is attached in circular motions. When massage is not possible to touch the area of the 7th vertebra and the vertebral column.
- The session lasts 5 - 15 minutes.
- After the banks are removed, the back should be wrapped in a warm blanket or blanket and preferably drink warm tea.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with leeches
This is not a basic, but very effective method of treatment. Hirudotherapy with osteochondrosis helps:
- reduce pain;
- increase the impact of drugs;
- accelerate the process of recovery;
- increase the effectiveness of therapeutic exercises.
The treatment is based on the beneficial effect of the hirudin enzyme. Leeches are applied to the body, first sucked, and then bite the upper layers of the epidermis. In a small wound immediately penetrates the saliva of the slug, which provides:
- acceleration of biochemical processes;
- dissolution of thrombi;
- strengthening of blood vessels.
Under the influence of the enzyme, which lasts 6 to 7 hours, the blood with the slag ceases to fold and slowly flows out of the wound. This makes the patient feel relieved. The first sessions last no longer than 30 minutes and the leeches are separated forcibly. The third procedure lasts an hour, and this time is just enough for the slugs to eat and fall off on their own. Stop the bleeding after hirudotherapy is possible by simply attaching a sterile cotton wool.
Treatment of osteochondrosis with foil
This is one of the most unusual, but effective methods of therapy. Treatment of osteochondrosis at home with folk remedies - foil - has been underway for more than a dozen years. The use of wrapping is that aluminum sheets reflect heat with infrared radiation, and objects wrapped in foil keep the temperature longer. "Metal compresses" are placed for several minutes within 10-12 days. During the procedure, the patient must lie down.
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis
The main goals of physiotherapeutic treatment are stimulation of regenerative processes and elimination of pain. The most popular are such procedures:
- Ultrasound. Relieves inflammation and pain due to a kind of massage by ultrasonic waves.
- Electrophoresis. Eliminates pain and cramps.
- Laser therapy. Treatment of osteochondrosis with a laser has a complex effect. It triggers biological processes in the tissues of the nervous system, which gives a quick effect.
- Balneotherapy. During the procedure, mineral water is used. It relaxes muscles and has a beneficial effect on the body.
Exercises for osteochondrosis
Some patients are shown gymnastics for osteochondrosis. The main set of exercises should be appointed by a specialist, taking into account the neglect of the problem and the individual characteristics of the organism. To ensure that all interventions are effective, patients should adhere to such recommendations:
- Exercise should be done regularly.
- In one day, it is possible - and desirable - to make several approaches.
- To gymnastics had a prolonged effect, it is desirable to fall asleep on the back or side.
- During the day, the patient should drink plenty of fluids. This is necessary to remove toxins from the body.
- We need to closely monitor the posture.
- Therapeutic exercise in osteochondrosis will be more effective if it becomes part of the therapeutic complex.
Diet with osteochondrosis of the spine
Proper nutrition with osteochondrosis is very important. Dishes should not be high in calories, it is desirable to include a large number of vegetable and sour-milk products in the diet, and experts recommend that harmful foods from the daily menu be excluded. The list of products allowed for the diagnosis includes:
- cottage cheese;
All products that can not be osteochondrosis can be divided into two large groups:
- High- calorie dishes: buns, sugar, sweets, chocolates, pasta, butter, fat, fatty meat.
- Products that promote inflammation and irritating tissues: coffee, strong tea, pickles, smoked foods, alcohol, pickled, fried foods.