Winter is the ideal time for skiing. There are many different directions known, so many will be able to find for themselves what will bring pleasure. In addition, outdoor training has a wide range of benefits for a person.
Aims and objectives of skiing
One of the most popular is skiing. Many of the directions included in it are represented at the Olympic Games. The importance of skiing for a man is enormous:
- Wellness . During training, the body does a lot of physical work, which has a positive effect on health.
- Educational . While skiing, a person educates and improves in himself many important skills, for example, endurance, agility, strength, endurance and so on.
- Applied . Skis are used in various work activities, the army, everyday life and in other spheres.
How does skiing affect human health?
Regularly doing sports, you can get a huge positive effect, and this is due to the fact that almost all muscle groups participate in the work. The effect of skiing on the body is similar to running or jumping, but the load is gentle, so many areas can be dealt with even by people in their ages. Training is allowed to both young children and pensioners.
The benefits of skiing for health
Talk about the positive effect that a person gets, regularly getting on skis, can be a long time. This is due not only to the fact that you have to work with your hands and feet, keeping your balance, but also because training takes place in the fresh air.
- Walking on the street in winter, similar to quenching, which helps strengthen immunity .
- There is strengthening of the heart and blood vessels, and all because skiing is a cardio-load.
- The benefits of skiing are associated with a concept such as landscape therapy, which involves healing and strengthening the body through outdoor training. This allows you to cope with insomnia, stabilize the nervous system, improve mood and cope with stress .
- Promotes pulmonary ventilation, which increases the amount of incoming oxygen in the body.
- Skiing helps to lose weight and strengthen the muscular system.
Harm to skiing
In some situations, skiing can cause many health problems. Injuries in skiing are a frequent occurrence, and all because of non-compliance with safety regulations, improperly similar equipment and driving on unenclosed paths. Describing the pros and cons of skiing, it is important to pay attention to contraindications.
- Serious pathology of the musculoskeletal system or spine.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular and respiratory system.
- Period of pregnancy.
- Weakened immunity and joint problems.
- Recently suffered diseases and operations.
Types of skiing
As already mentioned, the presented sports direction is considered the most massive. The main types of skiing and their brief description:
- Cross-country skiing . It is a cyclic sport that is racing at different distances. They include: separate start, mass start, pursuit race and others.
- Alpine skiing . Descent from the mountain occurs along a certain route, which is indicated by a special gate. The length of the route, the height jumps and the number of gates are always clearly established. There are different kinds of sports on skis: slalom, super-giant, giant slalom, downhill and so on.
- Jumping on the ski with a springboard . In this sport special ski-wings are used, which help the athlete, tearing himself off from the ground, to regulate the flight.
- Cross-country event . In this direction, jumps from the springboard (2 attempts) and 15 km race are combined.
- Snowboard . This skiing involves doing exercises on one ski, which is called a "snow board." There are several types: giant and parallel slalom, snowboard cross and others.
- Freestyle . This direction involves performing various tricks and jumps. There are several disciplines: ski acrobatics, mogul, ski cross and half-pipe.
How to do skiing?
There are several important conditions that beginners need to pay attention to.
- It is necessary to choose the right equipment. When choosing skis, important details are taken into account, for example, sport, growth and so on.
- In addition, you should buy the right clothes, which should not impede movements, but it is good to keep warm.
- It is necessary to undergo examination and exclude possible contraindications.
- Beginners should start with minimal loads and be sure to ride on the prepared routes. If possible, you should practice with the trainer.
- If a person wants to practice professionally, then preparation for skiing must take place in special schools where training programs are developed.
Interesting facts about skiing
Probably, in every sphere you can find information that is unknown to a large number of people. There are interesting facts about the ski sport:
- Skiing began to be used at a time when animal skins were used instead of clothes. This is proved by the petroglyphs found.
- People who want to lose weight will be interested to know that in an hour's drive you can throw about 350-400 kcal.
- It is believed that skiing arose in the time of the ancient Scandinavians, and so they had a deity patron of skis - Ullom.
- Sports ski destinations were first included in the Olympic Games in 1924 and then almost all the awards were taken by the Norwegian team.
- The first skis for playing sports in length reached three meters.
- The first discoverer of skiing in Switzerland was Arthur Conan Doyle.
Legends of skiing
Practically in every sports direction, competitions are held, which helps to distinguish the best among all participants. Champions of skiing have received medals at different competitions, including at the Olympic Games.
- Bjorn Daly . A titled skier who has six World Cups and eight Olympic gold medals.
- Travis Rice . The achievements of this snowboarder are the basis of this sport, and they set the direction for further development. He has a wide list of awards.
- Tony Seiler . The famous Austrian skier, who is one of three absolute world champions. He is also a seven-time world champion among men.