Many beautiful ladies who are soon preparing to become mothers, are wondering whether pregnant women can eat melon. In this article, we will try to understand this issue.
Can I eat melon during pregnancy?
Most modern doctors believe that a melon during pregnancy is a very useful product. Not surprisingly, because this melon contains a large amount of folic acid, vitamin C, beta-carotene, as well as such valuable trace elements as sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron and silicon.
Thanks to the presence of these ingredients, melon is an incredibly effective natural remedy for stress and fatigue, insomnia, excessive irritability and other ailments that often accompany the baby's waiting period, especially its first trimester.
At the same time, future mothers should treat this berry very carefully. So, when answering the question, whether it is possible to eat a melon during pregnancy, it is necessary to consider the following nuances:
- This berry has diuretic properties, so it can excessively increase the burden on the urinary system;
- if you eat melon along with dairy products, it can cause disruption of the digestive tract;
- since all the melons contain a large amount of sugar, they should not be consumed by people with diabetes mellitus;
- in the presence of gastritis, peptic ulcer and any gastrointestinal infections, the use of melons must be strictly limited;
- since this juicy and delicious berry is rather difficult to digest, it must be eaten separately from other dishes and foods. Most nutritionists are convinced that during pregnancy, melons can be eaten not earlier than 2 hours after eating, and on an empty stomach to use this berry and is completely prohibited.
Thus, to eat a melon in the period of expectation of the kid it is possible, but it should be done cautiously. In the absence of contraindications, a day can eat no more than 200 grams of this berry, and in the presence of any chronic ailments before eating it should always consult with your doctor.