The attention of people trying to follow their diet at least somehow, in recent years, invariably riveted to the topic of polyunsaturated fatty acids. They are said to be vitally important, they say, they will save from a stroke and cancer, and some consider this another "duck" abandoned by someone and for some reason, but clearly bringing someone benefits.
The most useful of all polyunsaturated omega acids are omega-3 fats.
Omega-3 is not one substance, but a complex complex of chemical compounds and acids, with all components of omega-3 extremely different from each other. We can not synthesize omega-3, we can only consume them with food. However, it is not possible to ignore the fact of their necessity - they really need us.
Although, like any other substance, omega-3 fatty acids have both benefit and harm.
Benefit and harm
We will try to describe briefly and clearly the benefits of omega-3 fatty acids:
- strengthen cell membranes, it is important for the walls of blood vessels, brain, retina;
- make spermatozoa more active, capable of conceiving;
- increase immunity;
- reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease to a minimum;
- lower the pressure;
- normalize the work of the nervous system (especially useful for those who are inclined to fall into depression , are prone to nervous breakdowns);
- improve memory, stress resistance, attention;
- have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect.
We have dealt with the benefit of omega-3, do not forget about harm:
- with excessive consumption can lead to a significant dilution of blood, lead to bleeding and hemarthrosis;
- can lead to low blood pressure.
All the harm should be taken into account in view of the fact that it is an overdose, that is,
By the way, the main products with omega-3 acids are:
- sea fish;
- fish fat;
- linseed oil;
- rapeseed oil;
- walnut oil;
- wheat germ oil.